ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilthomas26

In the zone
Hi,
I am going to buy ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE Motherboard.I will buy the graphics card after two weeks.Does this card has a integrated video .Can I play games without graphics card?

godzi_85

In the zone
btw which card you gonna buy?? just curious?
and if you buying this board then you might wanna consider buying a northbridge cooler(passive or active) passive wo`nt make noise though..
the chipset fan that comes with the board is defective so you never what might happen if the fan doesnt work!!!

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
godzi_85 said:
btw which card you gonna buy?? just curious?
and if you buying this board then you might wanna consider buying a northbridge cooler(passive or active) passive wo`nt make noise though..
the chipset fan that comes with the board is defective so you never what might happen if the fan doesnt work!!!

chipset fan that comes with the board is defective.....?
Wat does this mean???
@anilthomas26
no there is no onboard GPU in this mobo.and secondly if u r not going for 2 GPU then i dun think its of use going for a sli mobo.eva if u juz put one card then it wont give u dat much performance so if u r juz going for one card then go for Asus A8N-E mobo.so plz tell us bout ur mobo and gpu....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@godzi_85
who said the chipset fan is defective man ? i havent heard this till now.

waiting for darklord to reply and confirm.

@anilthomas26
if u r going to buy 2 high end cards liek the 6600gt or 6800 gt /ultra then and only then go for the sli board. also try waiting for the asus a8n sli premium board which is an upgrade to the sli deluxe board and is even better.

if u planning to buy only a single gpu then go for the asus a8n-e.

godzi_85

In the zone
the fan is defective yes.. but you do`nt need to worry too much....
you`ll be buying a new mobo so you won`t have to deal with this problem for sometime..
The problem is that the fan sometimes stops working.. now the fan is there to cool the damn heatsink and if it stops the temps get so high they your fingers burn(they do trust me).. though the comp doesn`t hang or anything its better to shut down the comp and wait for sometime then restart... also dust is a major factor so you gotta keep it clean..
plus for you it might take sometime for the problem to show up like a month or a little less or even more depending on how lucky you are..
i got the sli mobo myself.. and i had this problem from day one though it wasn`t much for 2 weeks. but afterwards it hardly used to run for more than 2 mins :(... though i have not had a problem with the fan not running.. you never what might happen..
so i have asked the guys at the asus service center to get me a replacement fan..
the replacement fan is bigger in size, only runs at 5k rpm(the default one runs at 8k rpm) and also is a lot quieter and better..
asus had acknowledge this problem with the chipset fan and said that the fan was defect from the factory itself..
the only prob i`m facing is that i think i`m the first guy to go to the asus service center with this problem .. so i had to explain it to them what to do and what can solve my problem.. so i hope i would get a replacement this week ..

darklord

Cyborg Agent
The NB chipset fan problem on the A8N SLI Deluxe is a known problem.
Asus has acknowledged this and they are giving prompt service for same.
Not that the fan will 100% but possibility is high.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
aditya169 said:
u will need a good agp card for playing l8est games like hl2 doom3

dude this board does not support AGP , it has pci-express architecture. so it will support pci-express cards.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
yep...get a single 6800GT ...will be enuf for now...
and get another when the next gen cards arrive...the second 6800GT card will come cheaper then :)

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Ringwraith said:
yep...get a single 6800GT ...will be enuf for now...
and get another when the next gen cards arrive...the second 6800GT card will come cheaper then :)

Since he is going to play the best games, I don't know if he will buy a second 6800gt when the next gen vid card or latter comes around. Coz sli don't mean newer technologies, but a next gen vid card does. I am just expressing my view here, but I think sli has meaning only if u want to buy two vid cards at the same time or within a year or so. Coz then your pocket will be bulged once more and newer shader models/directx standars/any other will prevent you from enjoying the games.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
@siriusb yeah thats quite true...
but the 6800GT prices are expected to come down soon with the advent of the new gen cards....and 6800 GT SLI delivers almost as much performance as a single 7800GTX in the earliest reviews i saw.
One thing more, the new gen card from nvidia doesnt feature new shader support or anything like that, moreover there's absolutely NO game right now making use of PS 3.0 ! forget about even later shaders! 6800GT based systems should be enough for some time to come me thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom