asus a8n-e or a8n-vm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvinchacko

Right off the assembly line
i would like to know which of the motherboards i should prefer...
asus a8n-e or a8n-vm csm
processor-athlon 64 3000+
graphix-nvidia 7600gt 256 mb pci-e
therfore i do not need onboard vga..
2* 512 mb hynix ram
160gb sata2 seagate

is it true that asus a8n-e having nforce 4 ultra chipset is better than the a8n-vm having geforce 6150 chipset?
i ask the above question becoz ther seems to be a price difference ofabout 1500rs bet the two mobos...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
If u r using a PCI-E gfx card then surely go for A8N-E.....u will not regret for paying that extra 1500rs. I am using the same mobo with 6600gt. But do check that u get revision 2 or higher model. To check for the revision number....see it on the mobo printed just below the name "ASUS A8N-E".

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Yup .. if u already have a pcie card .. then definitely the A8N-E ... even not i'd suggest u to save some more , get the A8N-E along woth a 6200LE ...

paul_007

Padawan
if a8ne does not have onboard grafix then how come it is better than a8n-vm(it has 6150 chipset), ,with a8n vm we can play all the games till date at low to medium settings at playable framerates...

pls explain??

janitha

Wise Old Owl
paul_007 said:
if a8ne does not have onboard grafix then how come it is better than a8n-vm(it has 6150 chipset), ,with a8n vm we can play all the games till date at low to medium settings at playable framerates...

pls explain??

It is becasue he wants to buy a GC. Why dont you read the original question?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
high end and mainstream motherboards don't have onboard video and they are better in all respects AFAIK or atleast equal.

Get the asus a8n e, period. Better still if you are a serious overclocker, get a dfi mobo, that one costs around 7.5k or so.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
A8NE has got nforce4 ultra chip whereas A8NVM got nforce4 410 chip. Nd A8NE has got more overclocking option nd will be more stable nd would show better results if u use a good card tha VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom