Assistance with laptop heating up..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^Yes, quantity of paste.
There could be slight variation of temp readings in BIOS and Software. Since the PC has not loaded all the background apps in BIOS.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Install HWInfo. Start using your PC normally. Might as well some extra browser tabs and programs. Note down the temps. Close those extra programs and keep normal/daily usage programs/apps open and check temps again. This should be done when you are actually using the PC, not while PC is idle, even though all apps are open.

58C is very normal temp for laptop. Wherever you keep laptop, do not keep it directly on the surface. keep it slightly elevated from the surface. Generally, laptop takes fresh air in from bottom vents. keep laptop in such a way that it can breath in fresh air easily. Also would mention that do not waste money on laptop coolers, hardly 3-4C difference will come, with its own maintenance, like keeping it clean so that it doesn't push dust into the laptop.

When you mentioned high temps in your posts, I thought the the temps are around 80C for normal usage itself. 60C-75C with decent usage is good temp for a laptop. Do not worry about cleaning it unless you can see the ample dust in the vents.

I have a 10 year old laptop and I get 58C idle temps and 65-75C when using it with multiple programs. 93C when playing game. I opened it, cleaned it, reapplied thermal paste, this changed absolutely nothing in temps.

Top Bottom