Yes, you can,

Sun Java System Active Server Pages
*www.sun.com/software/chilisoft/index.xml
^^ here

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
The site says ..
.Q:
Do you support desktop versions of Microsoft Windows (e.g., Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millenium Edition (ME), Windows XP Home, or Windows XP Professional)?
A:
No. Java System Active Server Pages (formerly Sun ONE Active Server Pages) is designed for server software, not desktop operating systems.
Have you used it on desktop ??

btw, tech_lover ..
you might also take a look at these sites
*www.apache-asp.org/
*freshmeat.net/projects/apacheasp/

-----
alibi

OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
Thanks for the links and replies. Can you tell me about the second part of the question? if i use IIS bundled with XP on my pc, how can i stop others from accessing the same from outside?

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
outside = not your computer
or
outside = outside your private lan.

if 2nd option .. then it's automatically done. IntraLAN IPs cannot be accessed from outside LAN.
(ex. typing *10.109.7.7 in browser wouldnt direct you to my intraLAN website running on my computer)

for 1st option ..
In IIS 5.0 bring up the Internet Security Manager, go to Properties on the Web server, then to Directory Security, then to IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions. Determine for each IP address or address range specified (through clicking on the Add option) whether to allow or deny access to the Web server.
(Source)
*support.microsoft.com/kb/324066/EN-US/

-----
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom