ARE RAM OPTIMIZERS OF ANY REALLY HELP ! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
they hang up all the processes until the value set is reached.i get pissed off when something like this happens when i'm playing f1 especially when i'm on myflying lap.

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
of course they are :p

yus the software available in market / on internet are usually useless

but not all memory optimizers are bad
SOME ACTUALLY DO HELP N OPTIMIZE MEM

i have one... try it... you will immediately love it..
its really tiny (only 15KB).. shows the free mb of RAM
green LED display in systemtray... turns yellow or Red depending on the percentage of sytem RAM that is free
takes little or no memory or CPU cycles
its user-friendly.. its not automatic.. you choose when you want to optimize
it frees memory by 25-50% depending on the processes
you can see the effects usually immediately after executing it n choosing AutoFree option

*xs208.xs.to/xs208/06421/untitled.JPG

Last edited:

DukeNukem

Come get Some
I totally disagree with you Bros.
iam runnin Windows XPSP2, using cachemanXP and it serves its purpose takes only .8 to 1.4MB of my ram
and manage to save lot more than.
Plus there are other uses of its also

Like killing a process which sometimes even task manager cant do.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Ram optimizers are good if u have less than 256MB memory for XP and 512MB for Vista...if u have above 1GB then no need of using optimizers! ;)

DukeNukem

Come get Some
samrulez said:
if u have above 1GB then no need of using optimizers! ;)

Friend My Other friend's PC config goes like this

P4 2.8Ghz (800Mhz Fsb 1Mb Cache) 1GB DDR (400) i865 running Windows XPSP2

without using Cacheman available ram jus ater booting and after 15 minutes is like this 300MB and 395 MB Resp (checked using smalltool).

With Cacheman its 875MB and 899 MB Resp.

See the diff

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I dunno about other RAM applications, but FreeRam XP serves it purpose well... It doesn't suck out RAM space to free it. Ensures cr@p to stay out of the RAM whenever a stress is on it and enhances ur computer experience. Goin with SamRules, these sorta utilities are for those who have low RAM, around and under 256Mb, they feel the difference. Anything higher and RAM issues seldom trouble you.

FreeRAM XP just gets rid of applications which are not used for the moment whenever necessary or when forced. This way, more RAM space is available for other utilities. Exp useful when running intense applications like games.

eminemence

Journeyman
Yup they do help when u have low configs.
We had once installed WebLogic server on one machine and it used to take quite some memory.so to keep it fast and running this tool helped us a lot.
--eminemence.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
samrulez said:
Ram optimizers are good if u have less than 256MB memory for XP and 512MB for Vista...if u have above 1GB then no need of using optimizers! ;)

I have 256mb RAM still find hard to run xp smoothly, how can you manage?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
anandk said:
They are not, says studies ! it says they have no effect, and at worst, they seriously degrade performance. Although gaining more available memory might seem beneficial, it isn't. As RAM Optimizers force the available-memory counter up, they force other processes' data and code out of memory !!! you may have noticed, that after using a ram optimizer, it does take time for aplication to re- or cold- start ! for just-closed applications, they may however help in unloading their dll's.

pls visit *www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/41095/41095.html &
*mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPMyths.html :)

You are very right. These optimizers are of no use. Application takes more time for loading after RAM defragmentation or RAM recover-what ever they call. I never use it.
Nice links and info dude..keep posting.....reputation points for u.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
ref : system mechanic
tell us the difrnce betn 'recover ram' and 'defrag ram' it doz both. ???

jal_desai

In the zone
anandk said:
ref : system mechanic
tell us the difrnce betn 'recover ram' and 'defrag ram' it doz both. ???

lets say we have some data in the cache.... when we click on defrag. (in syatem mechanic) then the data gets defragmented and arranged properly in the cache.... keep in mind tht the data is not lost yet... it just gets defragmented...

On the other hand when we click on 'recover ram' , then the unused cache is removed totally and frees up some RAM space

sakumar79

Technomancer
I have AMD 64-bit processor system with 512 MB RAM and 128 MB ATI card (9600 series)... When I play some games such as Dungeon Siege, the system comes to a crawl when I exit... I use FreeRAM XP Pro in this case to bring the system back to speed...

While the RAM optimisers may not be useful being run in the background all the time, it does help in special situations... Therefore, it is not right to say they are completely useless.

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom