Are Playstation emulation softwares effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
I searched google for playstation emulation softwares today for my friend.
I dint think that there were this many softwares for that.Even PS2 emulation is available.
But I have a doubt whether I will be able to play most of the games with such softwares.Also will I be able to play the most popular PS2 games such as The Tekken series,Burnout,GTA LC and VC stories etc.
Please do reply.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hi Ajay.Playstation 2 emulation software have existed for a very long time now.PCSX2 was one of the initial & the most sought after emulator till now.Unfortunately it's development is still in progress.They constantly keep improvising on game's compatibility with this emulator.Hence nothing can be fully assured as of now for all of the latest or the popular titles being fully "playable" on your PC.The last time I had tried it out the frame rates were very pathetic.May be my expectations were too high or too soon but eitherways it didn't turn out to be a good experience.Fed up with this process I just got myself a Playstation 2 & now am able to feel the real deal.

If you go in for PSone emulators then it won't disappoint you.;)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Can you list the games you tried out & the frame rates? Also did you mean his configuration or mine?

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
Can u play Tekken 5 and grand tourismo with it?
I wud love to play them.
Which is the best emulation software for PS2?

Vivekd67

Broken In
Played smackdown vs raw 2007 and 2008 on pcsx2 at decent frame rates

My config

Intel c2d e 8200 2.66 ghz
2 GB patriot ram 800 mhz
zebronics nf 7060 motherboard

Vivekd67

Broken In
I use pcsx2 0.9.5 version just download the newest plug ins from the website www.pcsx2.net , u still need a valid bios and rom to play games. Also if you use ISO image of the DVd thru daemon tools it will also help. You can also check out the forum at pcsx2.net for more help.

here is a link i use almost the same settings here except the new plugins *www.pcsx2.net/guide.php
make sure you have a decent system coz this software is processor dependent core2duo or quad core recommended with gfx card

Pcsx0.95 works like a charm on my
q6600
2gb 1066 5-5-5-12
evga 8800gt 512mb superclocked
it also has a list of compatible games so check it(pcsx0.95) out
try all possible plugin combinations and do enable multicore support if you have a dual or quad
a gpu is a must and dx10 preferably
gsdx dx10 graphics plugin gives me best results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom