[Views] Are MSI mobos built poorly?

dead.night7

Journeyman
I had purchased an MSI 790GX- G65 Motherboard in the year oct 2010.

A year after a problem had occoured for the functioning of the Mobo, as lights on the mobo itself lit up but, the display for monitor didn't... :(

Fortunately, I was glad to have an another replacement motherboard, namely
MSI 890 GXM G65, and was happy to have it at first for the upgrade given, But as a week passed, I found a problem for it which at that time I did posted here in tdf,
Here this is,
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/148043-msi-replaced-my-motherboard.html

Again, Motherboard was been replaced and given an another one,
Still had a problem when I connected it for the first time,

Had such thing for merely four times

Time passed by and my hobby for assembling computer diminished after the round ups to Lamington Road (Digicare Smartlink RMA network for MSI), from Mira Road (40km) away carrying motherboard in my bag, Sweating through the train rides all the time, to and fro

Finally a stable mobo was given and i was satisfied by that, I dint cared whether it was a replaced one or repaired, I just wanted to seriously complete my project assignments and school work...

After six months today, the warranty may be expired within two months and I seriosly dont know? whether I will get a motherboard which will function for another year or so?

I am seriously disappointed by the build quality MSI gave everytime to me,
Components can die at any time, Believe me, I just switched over to have some food down in the market, and on coming ba I see is again a fifth motherboard given to me has the same problem what i had earlier "Lit every light on the motherboard but, Monitor's display didn't switched on... Again :("

My System Specifications as follows
AMD Athlon II X2 245
MSI 890 GXM G65
RAM Kingston DDR3 1333 2 GB
Segate 500GB HDD.

saswat23

Human Spambot
How can this happen so frequently and that too with new boards!

BTW does your home have proper earthing?

OP
dead.night7

dead.night7

Journeyman
Yes, I have earthing at my home,
My last system was an Intel Celeron with award motherboard I had purchased that in year 2000, That PC lasted for around seven to eight years,
But this is disgustingly annoying me with the same problem all the time, I have submted my board to them today, I don't know for how many days will that last.

I thought of going for an upgrade this diwali in having a crossfire setup and pumping up the ram card to straight +4gb, But as I see having the same problem again and again.

I have also asked for a duplicate bill to the seller who gave me that board, having a bill may get my warranty increase upto one year, As I am getting warranty upto this December 2012.

I had a doubt, can a shopkeeper give a duplicate bill if customer asks for that, And willingly pay some amount if he asks for... If not what are the reasons not issuing a duplicate bill?

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
I don't know but MSI stands in league of gigabyte , ASUS and Intel , I had one of my board of MSI ..its ran almost 5 years without any glitch ...but everyone's experience differs from each other

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What power supply do you have?

well, MSI's AMD motherboards did have inferior VRMs compared to competitors and they couldn't handle a Phenom II X4 overclocked or X6 properly.. but 890GXM-G65 + Athlon II shouldn't be a problem at all.

I feel PSU might be at fault.

OP
dead.night7

dead.night7

Journeyman
Oh ico I got the problem My PSU was the problem from start I have now ordered the PSU from flipkart and will get it by 11th nov 2012

PSU is Corsair CX430v2.
But how is the case when my board does not have a graphic card, (Integrated one),
So the matter was a cheap power supply. thanks for ur awakening topics in PSU segments and guiding me right power supply :) Hope this time I wont fry my components...

One last doubt
Who deals with RMA process of Corsair in Mumbai?

Top Bottom