Are GPU's cheaper in kuwait/dubai?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
i plan to get an hd 7770 or hd 7850 by march next year from my kuwait through my aunt.i ust want to know wheter i'll get it cheaper there or not

amjath

Human Spambot
By that time it ll be cheaper here too I guess.

I withdraw my GPU buying plan from outside India cause of warranty. I read few negative comments on amazon saying GPU not working OOB, but it is replaced by amazon to them. But what about us.

It is good to buy reliable products like SSD's and processors [more likely], Avoid Gfx card :)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
A friend is in Dubai. Reference version 7970 costs 37k. Its expensive over there. Plus with the reason stated above pretty much sums it up as a no-no.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
It is good to buy reliable products like SSD's and processors [more likely], Avoid Gfx card :)

Thats some wrong piece of knowledge you re advocating. GPUs and CPUs are least known to fail untill its a known bad product or you overclock the hell out of it. The probability of a gpu dying is quite less compared to the probability of corrupting of a ssd or hdd.

it is replaced by amazon to them. But what about us.

They ll also replace it for you - you just have to pay the shipping charges.

amjath

Human Spambot
Thats some wrong piece of knowledge you re advocating. GPUs and CPUs are least known to fail untill its a known bad product or you overclock the hell out of it. The probability of a gpu dying is quite less compared to the probability of corrupting of a ssd or hdd.

I have seen some posts in this forum suggesting and buying SSD's for people who are asking what to buy from outside India. That's why I suggested it. Also Overclocking voids warranty [Intel provided Overclocking warranty for US and UK], if u are not sure how to do it.

Yes they ll replace for us too when we ship them back, but the reason for buying from outside India is because they are cheap

kartikoli

Busy!!
dubai is costlier than india. if you still want to try then get EVGA GPU as they give international warranty

EDIT: EVGA are nvidia loyalist so no AMD

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent

let's see shipping to US Rs 10000
for every thing else there's master card

Thetrueblueviking

let's see shipping to US Rs 10000
for every thing else there's master card

Lol bro - horribly wrong. You have to ship it to the respective company's closest service centre where they offer replacement - like in case of corsair its within Asia.

And shipping is not that expensive (though its subject to weight and company which will ship it for you) . My brother regularly ships items from USA to India.

Here is a pic showing that Fedex will ship a 1.7kg package (approx package wt of a GPU is 1.5kg) from Mumbai to California, USA for mere 3.8k. Pick some other lesser known but reliable company and u ll get ur job done for even 2.2k.

*imageshack.us/a/img23/9994/capturehu.png

dubai is costlier than india. if you still want to try then get EVGA GPU as they give international warranty

EDIT: EVGA are nvidia loyalist so no AMD

EVGA warranty cant be claimed in India.

Also Overclocking might void warranty

And hence people who love OCing should be buying from India itself.

Now back to topic - OP should consider buying from US as prices are lot cheaper there. however Dubai doesnt seem to offer similar prices and hence its a NO.

Last edited:

Thunder

Journeyman
Computer hardware is very costly here in MidEast compared to India even here in Qatar. The Market is very less cuz of low number or no Enthusiast PC Builders.I got all my components from CTC‚ Hyd in Sept. So your better off buying in India itself. Although Mobiles and other electronics are cheaper.

Thunder

Journeyman
Yea better go for Monitor. LCD/LED TV‚ Monitors and these types of items are easily available and much lower in price compared to India. If they are based in Dubai they can find good deals at Jumbo Electronics. Its one of the largest electronics distributors in MidEast.
Hope it helps.

Thetrueblueviking

But AFAIK - monitor is more probable of being charged of customs. To be on the safer side, make sure that you've at least un-boxed it. My friend got a 27" LED from Dubai during the sale season and was charged quite a good amount of customs. So be careful.

Thunder

Journeyman
Dőńt know about customs. Actually if she's travelling with family or alone the airport officials won't charge customs. My mom took with her a 32” LED TV purchased from Qatar while going to Hyd along with my sisters in July. She was not charged a single penny. The custom officials are not strict with females as compared to male travellers. Even if they enquire something just tell that its a gift for someone residing here or make up some other story. They don't go into details.

I've heard that computer components are cheaper in union territories like pondicherry,delhi etc. Perhaps due to lesser taxes. I bought my g6-2005ax for 34500 in bangalore. Heard it was available in delhi for only 31500

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Sapphire 7850 is dirt cheap over here selling online for 810Dhs - 11939Rs

BTW here is the link ="*uae.dtcae.com/product/sapphire-h...e.com/product/sapphire-hd-7850-2gb-ddr5-2183/

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Along with warranty it costs Rs 12300 in Kolkata! So its dirt cheap here too. The worst place to buy PC parts is from MEA. If its Laptops then you are game for middle east.

There are some very Hi End stuff available though from liquid immersed PCs with Curved monitors (Ostendo/NEC) and EKWB and the likes in Saudi and Bahrain.

Top Bottom