Are crash course for engineering are of any use?

What should you opt for preparing for the Enginering Exams

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Are IIT-JEE and AIEEE crash courses which takes 45 days or so, good enough for getting a seat in a reputed NIT or IIT. Are they wastage of money or our bright future. I am XII Science. Should I take the 45 days crash course or do self-study. If your Answer is to do self-study which books should I read. Please help me!!!!

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I think you mean Crash course for "Engg Entrance exam"???
Well they can be of a great side support provided you get a good faculty and you work on your own!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Crash course works as a supplement only if you know the concepts well and need a brush up at the last time to hit the creamy layer.

But anyday I will prefer self study over crash course for such things.

IITian

Broken In
Are IIT-JEE and AIEEE crash courses which takes 45 days or so, good enough for getting a seat in a reputed NIT or IIT. Are they wastage of money or our bright future. I am XII Science. Should I take the 45 days crash course or do self-study. If your Answer is to do self-study which books should I read. Please help me!!!!

well, self study is the best form of study but proper guidance is also important.if u think u r good at concepts and can pull it through with self study only then go for it and in the end if u feel that things are not going very well then u can take those 2-3 months crash course.. in any case u must take regular tests as practice is one of the most important thing to crack JEE.
and if u decide to go for self study, tell me i'll tell u some books..

utsav

damn busy...
Right now u better concentrate on ur 12th boards. And as said above crash course is good only if u know the chapters very well. Its like a quick revision. And dont dream of IIT n NIT wid just 45days crash course. if you havnt wasted the full previous year then you might get into NIT wid good preparation and IIT only if ur preparation is perfect.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Engg itself is a waste.. :|

Hopefully not. (currently in IInd Sem)

Unless you mean We don't learn anything... :(

Definitely not enough for getting seat in IIT, NIT. You will need a great slice of luck for ANY chance.
I would recommend you self study at this time.

Last edited:
OP
Disc_Junkie

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
well, self study is the best form of study but proper guidance is also important.if u think u r good at concepts and can pull it through with self study only then go for it and in the end if u feel that things are not going very well then u can take those 2-3 months crash course.. in any case u must take regular tests as practice is one of the most important thing to crack JEE.
and if u decide to go for self study, tell me i'll tell u some books..

Please give the name of the books for IIT and AIEEE. I want to self-study

utsav

damn busy...
Dude self study se IIT is mission impossible. Very few damn brilliant students manage to do dat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom