Are conventional careers losing popularity and scope?

Are the conventional careers losing their charm?

• Shut up! Engineering rulz. Medical Rulz etc...

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Abandon ship!!! Conventional careers will sink in a few years!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Hey all!
I have noticed that the students in Classes X, XI and XII are showing a tendency to ditch engineering in order to pursue other non-conventional career lines. Most of my classmates (Class XI) confess that they will not even try to appear in JEE or AIEEE or any other engineering institutes. I was okay with all of it until I heard their reasons for doing so. Most of them say that this is because Engineering is too tough a nut to crack for them and they don't reckon they've got the abilities to do so.

My cousin, who happens to be a member of this forum, says that there is no scope of a job for her in engineering these days (Class XII). Another cousin (in class X) has deviated from her aim of becoming a doctor because she noticed that the books were really fat. After that, she chose engineering but yet again, she seems discouraged and reckons she should try fashion designing. Another one's (in class XII) going for Law.

The examples are not limited to my friends and family... I've spotted many a kid who says he is not skilled enough to go for Engineering. Everyone these days is discouraged. Many students are not able to continue their long awaited quests in conventional careers because of the fear of failing.

This has worried me because my ideology is being affected by the retreating crowd. So, are the times changing yet again?

Also, should I pay attention to the crowd and resist being the hero in the strife???

Beckhamgal

Bionic Woman
As far as JEE n EEE are concerned, they will never loose their charm bro coz they provide total job security. Though placements have dropped horribly; good students will anyways get placed. I dint say that there isnt scope, there is a ray of hope in the long run coz the meltdown is gonna get over after a period of time. It does have a negative impact on the private sector..but sooner or later it will get over..lets hope so!

Your other cousin opted for law coz she had no other option..shez a commerce student. CA, Law, BMM, BBA, CPT are the conventional courses for commerce students.

And the 3rd cousin, let her complete her tenth first.

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^The person I was least expecting to reply! :D :lol:.

Anyhow, the long and short of your post is: Unless there's a miracle, Engg and Medical are going to hit hte bucket along with all of the "future" engineers and doctors.

Also, the average student won't get placed if the current situation prevails. Moreover, don't expect an improvement in the recession, or meltdown as you call it, because this IS election time. If anything good were to happen, it would have happened by now.

No other replies? Sheesh! This part of the forum is highly ignored. Perhaps even more than me! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom