Are Chinese brands now dependable?

Chetan1991

Youngling
I was looking for a VFM phone within 20k range and found this phone:

Thl T100S​

*cdn02.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ThL-T100S-promo.jpg

What features does a flag ship smartphone need? A full HD display? A powerful processor? Lots of internal storage? A good camera? The ThL T100S has all of these and more. Of course the key feature is its octa-core (that is eight cores) CPU.....
That makes the T100S 19% faster than than the LG G2 and 74% faster than the Note 3!
Source: *www.androidauthority.com/octa-core-thl-t100s-review-327578/

Found this phone here: *www.androidbenchmark.net/cpumark_chart.html
It Ranks 1st.

And it costs only 15299: *www.dinodirect.com/thl-t100s-iron-man-smartphone-mtk6592-octa-core-5-0-inch-fhd-gorilla-glass-screen-2gb-32gb-nfc-otg-p41663197.html?cur=usd&affid=4745&source=sem&daf=yes&gclid=CLTOz-jQzL4CFdQVjgodDI0AIQ

Since a big share of electronics is manufactured in China now, do you think the newly emerging Chinese brands have gone beyond the "Chinese device" stereotypical quality and can be trusted?
I am wondering whether to buy that phone or not.

Last edited:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Phones with MTK6592 have released here for quite some time so you can go for those are you'll also get warranty ;)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Their dependability is what I'm worried about.
[MENTION=22157]Chetan1991[/MENTION], I think your purchase could be a safe bet. Always insist to have a valid invoice/bill along with your purchase.
A Rs.20k range electronics product from China is at least no trash or crapware. All people are not foolish.
Chinese premium (electronics) products are getting acknowledged in European markets also.

- - - Updated - - -

For 15k I will not be taking any risk.
Friend a pure subjective choice.
It's one's own wish ,choice and budget,that determines the purchase.
Your decision is fully correct and honourable according to choice.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Another imp question is - why does one exactly need the greatest specs for? If one is not fond of playing graphically rich games at maxed out settings and instead just watches movies/watsapp/tapatalk and simple games, then at 15k, a Moto G with warranty seems like a better deal to me than a chinese mobile where i might be pulling my hair out thinking where to service if anything goes wrong.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
One needs latest specs for opening lots of tabs in the browser, or multitasking with many applications and still expecting a smooth interface, or future proofing. This is a tech forum, with members much more tech savvy than the average user, after all.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^It may be for you mate.
But who cares after all...it's the satisfaction(self) that should be taken care of,not to be determined by some bunch of bullying idiots posing as "FRIENDS".

raksrules

Youngling
@OP

Be the guinea pig and buy it and let us all know. I would personally not plonk money on chinese crap. Yeah there may be premium products too but i don't know which one are those.
Also good luck with service lest something goes haywire.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
[
Friend a pure subjective choice.
It's one's own wish ,choice and budget,that determines the purchase.
Your decision is fully correct and honourable according to choice.

But who cares after all...it's the satisfaction(self) that should be taken care of,not to be determined by some bunch of bullying idiots posing as "FRIENDS".

very well said .. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Coming to Question Raise by OP .. i would suggest if you are buying a chinese phones.. go for a phone that has snapdragon 800 .. these chinese guys sells a snapdragon 800 phone for around 300 $ .

Mediatek 6592 is not worth spending more than 15k and that too if that is comming with warranty

instead i would recommend that you buy a branded Imported phone .. for eg. maybe a nexus 5 for 20k , moto X cdma for 15-16 k , optimus g , nexus 4 is 15 k ..

there are lot of option availabe for 20k budget in imported phones..

atleast if something guys wrong you can order parts online .. and obviously that phone is going to have a huge XDA support to tweak and fix the issues..
chinese phones won't have that support

Top Bottom