Are 3rd party laptop screens are reliable ? Looking one for Samsung NP300E5v-SO2IN laptop.

akii17kr

Journeyman
My Samsung NP300E5V-SO2IN laptop screen has gone bad , it's in inverted mode with flickering issues. So i have to get it replaced as local repair shop guy told me it's can't be repaired.
Samsung authorized service center is quoting high price of Rs.7,200 .

On the other hand , in local repair shop , they are quoting the price of Rs.3,400 for 3rd party compatible screen of brand Simmtronics(RAM brand ) and one of Lappy Power with 2-3 months warranty. I asked about the reliability and comparison. He said there will be little bit of quality difference between original and 3rd party ones but they are reliable also as these LCD/LED's don't go bad like other parts like battery .
He ensured it'll be good and you don't have to worry about it unless you try to physically damage.

My question is if anyone have ever used 3rd party display in their laptop ? if yes how's the experience ? should i go for it as I'm a student and low on money , can't afford the 7.2K for official Samsung original display.

I have to decide and tell him by Monday . So it's urgent . Please do help.

OP
akii17kr

akii17kr

Journeyman
Hi, can you tell me
1-how much does it costs you ?
2-which brand it was ?
3-Any warranty ?
4- how's the picture quality ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I can't really suggest to for local screen brands cause I have no experience of myself or anyone I know. I have heard about Simmtronics brand, but as mentioned, for RAMs only. As you said, you can't buy 7k screen then go for this local brand. 3 months is standard warranty given if you go to Service centers. Better ask them for 3 months warranty.

Still I would suggest to opt for Samsung branded screen, if any problem comes within 3 months of replacement then Samsung service center guys will change the screen immediately, with less hassle.

If anyone have experience with local branded screen then please come forward and suggest.

OP
akii17kr

akii17kr

Journeyman
Guys I'm getting this dell screen from amaozn and seller has confirmed it's original one with dell branded box packed and will come with dell bill and 1 year dell warranty.
Also confirmed it's compatible with my laptop.
Link- tinyurl.com/delllcd123

Can anyone confirm from dell if I'll get warranty irrespective I'm using it on samsung laptop ?

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP.

Sorry for bumping that fast , it's urgent as i have to buy screen by tomorrow. Can't use laptop without it.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Guys I'm getting this dell screen from amaozn and seller has confirmed it's original one with dell branded box packed and will come with dell bill and 1 year dell warranty.
Also confirmed it's compatible with my laptop.
Link- tinyurl.com/delllcd123

Can anyone confirm from dell if I'll get warranty irrespective I'm using it on samsung laptop ?

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP.

Sorry for bumping that fast , it's urgent as i have to buy screen by tomorrow. Can't use laptop without it.
see the reviews:
Amazon.in: Sayam's review of Dell LED-1366-768-G-40-15.6-E8308GENUINE D...

- - - Updated - - -

Amazon.in: Mahesh's review of Dell LED-1366-768-G-40-15.6-E8308GENUINE D...

OP
akii17kr

akii17kr

Journeyman
see the reviews:
Amazon.in: Sayam's review of Dell LED-1366-768-G-40-15.6-E8308GENUINE D...

- - - Updated - - -

Amazon.in: Mahesh's review of Dell LED-1366-768-G-40-15.6-E8308GENUINE D...

So should i go ahead and buy it ? Seller has confirmed it's compatible with my Laptop. In review it said 3 months dell + 9 months seller which i didn't understand as other seller said it's 1 year Dell warranty.

I think in any case of problem i can return it after all it's amazon.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
So should i go ahead and buy it ? Seller has confirmed it's compatible with my Laptop. In review it said 3 months dell + 9 months seller which i didn't understand as other seller said it's 1 year Dell warranty.

I think in any case of problem i can return it after all it's amazon.
I don't know bro. I haven't bought an LCD from amazon before. Also, they changed their return policy on Electronic stuff recently.Do have a look at it. and simply, check with the Customer support at amazon.

Let other forum members confirm about buying

OP
akii17kr

akii17kr

Journeyman
I don't know bro. I haven't bought an LCD from amazon before. Also, they changed their return policy on Electronic stuff recently.Do have a look at it. and simply, check with the Customer support at amazon.

Let other forum members confirm about buying

Conformed.. it has 10 days return policy . I can opt for redund. Also t&c changed only for mobiles category mainly , you can't get refund on mobile phones

Top Bottom