Application copied from pendrive not working when removed the pendrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam#jj12

Right off the assembly line
Hi all..i got an application exe in a pen drive. I tried to copy in to my desktop removed ther pendrive and running the application, it is throwing user defined message..but when the pendrive is attached from where i copied i was able to run from the copied desktop location.
I tried cloning of pendrive to other pendrive and it is not working. Can some one help me out to resolve this..

patkim

Cyborg Agent
What is that application in question? What is the source of that application?
Show the screenshot of the exact error as thrown by the app.

Did it come OEM with the drive?
Did you download it from the internet?
Was it received as an email attachment?

If it was some OEM app that came with pen drive e.g. encryption software. Then it would need that specific pen drive to be online before it can work properly. You may not use it as a standalone app everywhere else.

OP
S

Sam#jj12

Right off the assembly line
Thanks patkim for the update..
Its an inhouse inbuilt application.
The pendrive is having a list of cnf and dll files and one exe.
Is there any possible way to run without that particular flash drive

patkim

Cyborg Agent
What is the exact user defined message you are getting? Can you share a screenshot or the message please. If it's an in-house app, you may like to check with the developers about the exact install procedure.

My guess is that certain config files might be pointing to the pen drive when it was copied/installed, similarly certain DLL files might have been registered with window form a particular path and when you copy it elsewhere and disconnect the pen drive the specific drive letter is lost and hence the reference is possibly lost.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
sounds like when the app was launched from PD it has saved it's launch path on one of the ini file / cnf file. Changing the path in cnf/ ini file manually with notepad++ may solve the issue. Op needs to change the path to the correct location in HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom