Apple's iPhone Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I have said this before in other threads .... now its apple's chief confirming it ... now i can also say that .... apple is going the MS way jumping in every field

The company's chief financial officer Peter Oppenheimer made a statement suggesting that Apple is definitely working portable music player with communication capabilities. Over the past several months, speculation accumulated on Apple's development in the mobile space, specifically developments in communications.

Source .... i hope a certain individual doesn't start another battle of words here :D

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Cell phone integration in iPod Nano will be cool. But, I had read on MacRumors that the Apple's cell phone project has been delayed till 2007.

ArsTechnica.com had also mentioned about some hints to an iPhone like product in the latest Nano firmware.

The thing with Apple is that it keeps product releases and roadmaps secret. Don't we all remember what Steve said about Video on a mp3 player.

So, while we can specualate, no one can be entriely sure when or if Apple is planning on a cell phone release.

goobimama

 Macboy
I think it will be called iPod instead of iPhone. The iPod has been very successful and apple would like to keep that name going since it has almost become synonymous with the mp3 player..

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
then how will they distinguish the product with normal ipod , iphone is cool , perfectly sounds like a ipod phone from apple .

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
I'm telling you. They will make the iPod with phone functionality. And since it might have a touch screen display, the phone buttons might come on the display itself. Why would apple want to lose their iPod name? They obviously wouldn't want to have two separate devices, one specifically for music and another for a phone. It will be a merger and iPod will be its name. Betting 2 bucks?

Btw, I didn't want to post this reply...guess what my previous post count was!

borg

In the zone
hmmmm... let us read the again, shall we?. Apple confirmed an iPod with 'communication' capabilties. Now what does that mean?. Could it only be a phone?. Don't know. Maybe it could be the return of the newton in the iPod's avatar.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
borg said:
hmmmm... let us read the again, shall we?. Apple confirmed an iPod with 'communication' capabilties. Now what does that mean?. Could it only be a phone?. Don't know. Maybe it could be the return of the newton in the iPod's avatar.
it certainly does not mean that they will come up with an ipod with wi-fi or such 'communication' methods ... a communication device is certainly a phone

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
and its going to have some gaming capabilities too considering the fact that they bought few small gaming companies some time ago.

Dink2cool

Broken In
iif the phone is incorporated into ipod thn it'll be a direct blow to sony corp. which has released its walkman brands of phones ... apple surely is trying its best to ruin sony's phone and music player market

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
borg said:

A re-vamped Newton will be cool ;)

But, it was John Sculley's pet project. And Steve Jobs hates anything remotely connected to cola man Sculley :p

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
goobimama said:
I'm telling you. They will make the iPod with phone functionality. And since it might have a touch screen display, the phone buttons might come on the display itself. Why would apple want to lose their iPod name? They obviously wouldn't want to have two separate devices, one specifically for music and another for a phone. It will be a merger and iPod will be its name. Betting 2 bucks?

Btw, I didn't want to post this reply...guess what my previous post count was!
that does not make market sense ..... they cannot stop ipod (its their bread and butter) .... the thing is the iphone has to be priced at around 15-25k around the same price bracket as that of the n-series ... so there are a lot of ppl who would still prefer a music player as even 2day every1 does not own only a n-series but many have both a decent smart phone and a mp3 player .... so at the moment i am betting that there will be compatibility between both but will be 2 separate things

tehnogeek

Broken In
with communication capabilities can also mean that they are trying to have inbuilt infra-red of bluetooth capabilities for transfering files from other ipods .

:)

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Well that's a very good idea indeed! That'll certainly challenge Microsoft's monopoly and consumers will get it's advantage.:)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
knight17 said:
See some pics.
*alieneyes.wordpress.com/2006/07/30/images-of-apple-iphone/
looks like some1s wild imagination that has combined most of Nokia's n-series and the i-pod .... its photoshop stuff ..... apple onlyhas confirmed that tehy will b coming up with something and u already have the product ready for launch

G

gxsaurav

they should stick to what they do , making mp3 players only & give other phone companies the licence to make the phone

some of those designs are the worst i have seen, so far from being true

SE & Nokia are doing perfect in the mp3 phone department, Apple should learn something from them, cos i m sure, when it comes out it will be more of an iPod then a phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom