Apple wants to tie your shoes to your clothes with DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
rofl of the month ! Patent of the decade :p Hurray !!!

Unapproved garments would be blocked from being able to use the device.
Source:

*arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080915-apple-wants-to-tie-your-shoes-to-your-clothes-with-drm.html

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The people who actually use the feature can afford to buy all Nike and in probablity they already have the all Nike kit

For once, I am glad to be in India. I may not get cultural freedom here like in US, but atleast I get personal freedom...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
DRM... DRM.. everywhere.. not a drop to drink!

For once, I am glad to be in India. I may not get cultural freedom here like in US, but atleast I get personal freedom...
Even if you are in the US, you do not hafta buy that device. Its not like they'll behead you if you don't buy it!

Even if you are in the US, you do not hafta buy that device. Its not like they'll behead you if you don't buy it!
I mean that such devices are quite standard in the US, and so are other restrictions like forced contracts for mobile phone sim cards, while they are usually non-existant or illegal here in India.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Apple really is getting sicker day by day.. these music companies are ruining its reputation.. Apple takes a lot of support from the Open Source community and doesn't gives back one thing except that Webkit..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I mean that such devices are quite standard in the US, and so are other restrictions like forced contracts for mobile phone sim cards, while they are usually non-existant or illegal here in India.
Quite frankly, people here don't care! If they buy the song once and DRM doesn't allow them to transfer this song to a non-DRM device they'll buy the song twice.. thrice.. Its this attitude of people which the companies exploit.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@infra.. wow.. that's awesome.. buying the song twice or thrice.. and here in Himachal.. I see hoardings at every mobile shop lie "Song downloading @Rs 10/song".. some people have even forgotten that there are original Audio CD's available in the market.. I went to a local music dealer yesterday to get an original CD of Jannat and he said that i've its MP3's (of course, pirated one)..

gloria8608

Right off the assembly line
I wouldn't buy a song twice just because I can't store it several times, no matter how much I would have to pay for a song.

Quite frankly, people here don't care! If they buy the song once and DRM doesn't allow them to transfer this song to a non-DRM device they'll buy the song twice.. thrice.. Its this attitude of people which the companies exploit.
Really ? :eek:
Well then, I am REALLY glad I am sticking with India.

watch out all you n00b countries - in another century, there shall arise gauthamania, a country where the noble laws of gautham shall prevail :p

ray|raven

Think Zen.
watch out all you n00b countries - in another century, there shall arise gauthamania, a country where the noble laws of gautham shall prevail :p

Dude , i dont know what the hell your siggy means , but your gettin nuttier by the day.

You need professional help mate. :D

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I have seen same wave in India too, if it was not enough to get one the people here buy another when a new version arrives with minor enhancements, just to have that desire of having most advanced technology or the chance to show off.

Lolz :p

Status
Not open for further replies.