If i replace my existing Setup Box with Apple TV, will I be benifitted by any means? Is Apple TV any useful in indian channel list?

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
This guy has posted what you can do.
Apple TV working in India | woikr

So these channels that are getting displayed comes through internet? I don't think indian cable tv operators provide these channels. If it comes through internet, then we might require very high speed internet to view this

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Check out Roku Player (Link). It is better and cheaper than Apple TV.

I did some research on Apple TV and Roku player since I was planning to buy one of them. Finally I came to the conclusion that there is no point in buying these in India. Instead get a Wi-Fi adapter for your existing TV and stream the content from your laptop/NAS and let the TV do the decoding. If your TV is not that smart, get an Asus Multimedia player from ebay. It costs around 6k and plays almost all the file formats.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
So these channels that are getting displayed comes through internet? I don't think indian cable tv operators provide these channels. If it comes through internet, then we might require very high speed internet to view this

yes. Atleast 2 mbps I think as most videos are HD. Their complete service is only internet based. Not cable based.
After some time you might miss some Indian channels.
Search Google for websites that rent American TV shows and Movies.

Top Bottom