Apple Sets iPhone Price at $399 for this Holiday Season

Would you buy an iPhone if it cost less than Rs. 20,000?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
"If we were talking about how good the phone is and I'd talked about the sales figures, your comment would have made sense. But we are talking about total sales here and I mentioned the actual sales figures, which are spectacularly good. So the parallel you wish to draw does not make any sense at all."

iMav said:
besides no 1 can help it if u cant accpet a simple fact pointed out by people far more knowledgable than u
Well, people far more knowledgeable than me have also supported my theory, namely John Gruber. It is, after all, my choice which one makes more sense to me and whom I choose to believe.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
aryayush said:
"If we were talking about how good the phone is and I'd talked about the sales figures, your comment would have made sense. But we are talking about total sales here and I mentioned the actual sales figures, which are spectacularly good. So the parallel you wish to draw does not make any sense at all."
Gibberish!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arya if im not mistaken thats what jobs said right? ... cnbc played the same statement and then went on to quote the drop in share pricses and statements made by analysts ;)

also 1 more thing arya that i think will make u regret making the ruthles corporation statement ... apple is giving 200$ refund to ppl who bought the iphone in the last 14 days

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
That is standard Apple policy and I knew about that. Not in the last fourteen days but the last ten days. If you bought within the last ten days from the launch day and complain within fourteen, you are entitled to a rebate.

Does not change the fact that this was a very rude decision on Apple's part. As much as I love the company, I don't think most customers would take kindly to such mistreatment. I would have been devastated if I'd been handed the rough end of the stick in that fashion. One thing is for sure, I'm going to think twice about purchasing any first generation product from Apple now.

Apple iPhone officially gains ability to output video to TVs, monitors

Apple's iPhone is now officially capable of pumping video out to TVs and monitors...

The pages for the Apple Composite AV Cable and the Apple Component AV Cable now clearly list iPhone among their supported devices lists.

The Apple Composite AV Cable (US$49, Ships: 3-4 weeks) supports:
• iPod with color display
• iPod with video
• iPod nano 3rd generation (aluminum)
• iPod classic
• iPod touch
• iPhone

The Apple Component AV Cable (US$49, Ships: 2-3 weeks) supports:
• iPod nano 3rd generation (aluminum)
• iPod classic
• iPod touch
• iPhone

[Via MacDailyNews]

So, TV out has also been added to the JesusPhone now.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
From Steve Jobs:
"Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned."

*www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

We want to do the right thing for our valued iPhone customers. We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple.

Steve Jobs
I have a little tear in my eye! ::Sniff!::

But word around is that it is going to be $100 store credit.......Not bad indeed. I was wondering how they were going to literally give back $100 to those hundreds of thousands of people...

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Already posted here, dude! You really think I would miss something this big? (Check out the last few comments starting with the "Queen Elizabeth" one. You will laugh your head off! :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom