Apple Sets iPhone Price at $399 for this Holiday Season

Would you buy an iPhone if it cost less than Rs. 20,000?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I'm glad it isn't me breaking my head trying to explain simple stuff...

(@sakumar79
Did you see that presentation, by the way?)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
sakumar79 said:
They wont make losses gx, just reducing the profit margin... By having increased sales quantity, overall profit will be higher than if they had stuck to same price (would have had fewer sales with higher profit margin)

Yup, Apple always overcharges for the products. But with that logic, it means iPhone is already selling well, according to Apple, so people will buy it anyway. So again, why reduce price

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
reduce the price so more people like me would be attracted
thankx arya for bringing this to my attention hope my dad buys it from the philippines or i will have to settle with a k810i

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It is only available in the United States of America right now and it is locked to AT&T so you cannot use it in India even if you buy it from there.

Wait. It will most probably come to India towards the end of the first quarter, next year.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arya this 1s for ur arrogance ... read carefully:

even though jobs claims that the iphone price dop was to make it affordable analysts at wall street believe that the drop is because iphone isnt selling and that has triggered a drop in apples market rate ....

source: cnbc .... i trust this more than ur sheer arrogance

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Sure. A phone that isn't selling has had a running of close to a million units in two months, higher than any other smart phone. Don't people think about what they say!

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@Arya....sorry to burst your bubble(kidding tho :) )...but you can get the iPhone to actually work here. Its working on the Hutch network in Mumbai w/o any problems, confirmed sources hai. 16.5k seems tempting, i just might put off my plans to get a new phone :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Sure. A phone that isn't selling has had a running of close to a million units in two months, higher than any other smart phone. Don't people think about what they say!
iPhone a smartphone...when did this happened :D

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
aryayush said:
More than 10 million people have faith in the Church of Scientology. Need I say more?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
so now the great aryayush has claimed that wall street is a bunch of jerks :lol: man ur giving stiff competition to Help~is~here

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gauravakaasid said:
@Arya....sorry to burst your bubble(kidding tho :) )...but you can get the iPhone to actually work here. Its working on the Hutch network in Mumbai w/o any problems, confirmed sources hai. 16.5k seems tempting, i just might put off my plans to get a new phone :)
I know, mate. I was talking about the official availability. :)

Yamaraj said:
More than 10 million people have faith in the Church of Scientology. Need I say more?
If we were talking about how good the phone is and I'd talked about the sales figures, your comment would have made sense. But we are talking about total sales here and I mentioned the actual sales figures, which are spectacularly good. So the parallel you wish to draw does not make any sense at all.

iMav said:
so now the great aryayush has claimed that wall street is a bunch of jerks
Not them, but you. I just told you the actual sales figures which completely rubbish your claims of the iPhone not selling well.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ my dear those arent my claims ;) unfortunately its that hard for u read and understand .... i have quoted exactly what cnbc said ;)

goobimama

 Macboy
I'm not referring in any way to those claims, but not everything that the media puts out is correct. Everyone should know that by now.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^^ yeah, specially if it shows the truth about Apple's not-so-good product & downplays it.

But if a Pro-Apple fan posts something on a blog, its true.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
o cmon goobi ... now ur trying to tell that the guys who study stocks speak anything ... dude theres sense, common-sense and non-sense ... pick 1 ;)

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Now there are sources confirming an early rumor about 3G enabled 16 GB iphones to be released in Europe..... source: Engadget..... :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
aryayush said:
dude theres shut up, wtf are you talking about and get lost ... pick 1 ;)
no 1 can help it if u cant accpet a simple fact pointed out by people far more knowledgable than u ... to be honest if u question the statements made by cnbc stock correspondents and trade analysts who give a reason for the fall in apple share prces .... just goes to tell how much of a rational mind u possess (sorry cudnt put it more politely)

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
aryayush said:
If we were talking about how good the phone is and I'd talked about the sales figures, your comment would have made sense. But we are talking about total sales here and I mentioned the actual sales figures, which are spectacularly good. So the parallel you wish to draw does not make any sense at all.
Come again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom