Apple Says Some Notebooks May Have Battery Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Apple Says Some Notebooks May Have Battery Issues
Mac Guys, Just check out...

Apple said on Friday some batteries in its MacBook and MacBook Pro notebook computers may have performance problems, but they do not pose a safety risk.

Apple said problems with affected batteries include not charging when the computer is plugged into an outlet.

"The issues are not a safety risk, so consumers can continue using their batteries," the company said in a statement.

The affected batteries are in MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks sold worldwide from February 2006 and April 2007, Apple said.

Apple said it has issued a software update designed to improve battery performance. Those who bought the notebook with the batteries in question can get a new, free battery if it continues not to perform. The replacement program also applies if the computer is out of warranty.

Apple, maker of the Mac, the iPod digital media player, and the highly anticipated upcoming iPhone, said it does not expect the battery update to have a material impact on earnings.

Apple, based in Cupertino, California, said more information about the update and battery replacement program may be found on the Internet at
*www.apple.com/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/

SOURCE

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Already updated.

And WOW! They will replace my battery even when my notebook is out of warranty! Cool!!! :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
cant be kiran your source in in-correct or may be some 1 infiltrated the apple facility and purposely replaced the batteries of a certain lot or may be those are not genuine mac ... and as they said it has no consumer risk it just might blow up and being mac it is made of material that might even with-stand a nuke so apple users dont worry :D

PS anything against mac on this forum should be avoided as it is useless to show that mac is a machine which can have faults coz members here cannot bear the fact that something could be wrong in their hearts

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I understand mAV3.....This time no one can't take the help of wrong source to deviate the issue. Note the link to Apple website in my above post. Unless Mac Guys say that www.apple.com is not a trustable source! :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
What are you guys on about? Don't you guys have some job or something to do?

Apple's having some issues with the Sony batteries they used in their notebooks. Big fat deal! Almost every company I know has had these issues for the past year or so. But I didn't see any other company extending the warranty coverage to two years.

You reported a piece of news. Thank you! It might have helped people who did not know about it and have an Apple notebook. But why do you people (and a couple of other guys like you two) have to turn every single thread that mentions the word Apple into a mess! It is sickening.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ :d, Yup we guys have work to do unlike boys. But it's sunday today.

But why do you people (and a couple of other guys like you two) have to turn every single thread that mentions the word Apple into a mess

:rolleyes: Now what to say

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
aryayush said:
What are you guys on about? Don't you guys have some job or something to do?

Apple's having some issues with the Sony batteries they used in their notebooks. Big fat deal! Almost every company I know has had these issues for the past year or so. But I didn't see any other company extending the warranty coverage to two years.

You reported a piece of news. Thank you! It might have helped people who did not know about it and have an Apple notebook. But why do you people (and a couple of other guys like you two) have to turn every single thread that mentions the word Apple into a mess! It is sickening.

Why are you so agitated? I never said that it is a major blunder from Apple. Chill-out!

goobimama

 Macboy
Aarya, you didn't go in for APP?

Ah! I forgot that APP for macbook pro/powerbook is somewhere around 16k...isn't it?

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
aryayush said:
But why do you people (and a couple of other guys like you two) have to turn every single thread that mentions the word Apple into a mess! It is sickening.
look who is saying what ...:rolleyes:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
APP = 16K, woha...the biggest laptop distributer in Lucknow takes 10k for AMC of laptops here. Damn, Apple is indeed expensive.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
Applecare Protection Plan (APP)
It is 15K and yeah, I am thinking of purchasing it.

I'm not sure though. Haven't had any hint of a problem in the eight months I've had it. Let's see...

goobimama

 Macboy
Well my iBook hard drive failed after 15 months and APP was there to back us up...

As for the Macbook/iMac the APP stands at somewhere around 7k...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
for the ipod its around 3k ... considering that if u do mess ur pod and get a eplacement its worth it but if u take care of that device then actually its a waste of 3k !! for the notebooks i think its worth spending tht much coz unlike a normal laptop the mac i dont think can be tinkered with so easily

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Money is not the major concern; fifteen thousand bucks to ensure that you will get free onsite service and support (even over the telephone) for your Rs. 1,50,000 notebook is not much, not much at all.

I am seriously thinking of APP. I was just waiting for the default warranty to near its end. :)

mAV3 said:
for the notebooks i think its worth spending tht much coz unlike a normal laptop the mac i dont think can be tinkered with so easily
Oh, but why do you think so when you have no idea about it, never having owned one?

I am sick and tired of these uncalled for comments. Why do you have to give Apple a bad name at every possible opportunity?

I installed extra one gigabyte of memory on my MacBook Pro myself. It is as easy as it gets. My brother has a Compaq laptop and leave me aside, even the technician had a difficult time prying the faulty RAM module out of the slot.

Oh, and BTW, machines that cannot be tinkered with by the end user (who in most cases has no idea about it) are a lot safer than those that can be.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dude its ur ego that gets hurt i did not mean to say that apple is bad man ... that wasnt my intention in the post wat i meant was that a hp, compaq notebook can be operated on by more people out there and that is not the case with the mac .... i said i dont think i never said i amsure of it ... get over it dude ... no 1 is accusing apple of anything its only because in the past ever since u joined this forum u have always showed everything by MS in bad light and got the flak for it u think every time some 1 says something they mean apple is bad where as that is not the case ...

can some 1 for that any1 tell me that did my comment show apple in bad taste ...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
mAV3 said:
a hp, compaq notebook can be operated on by more people out there and that is not the case with the mac
But that is not true. Laptops, from any company whatsoever, cannot be "tinkered with so easily".

Yes, it is recommended that people should buy themselves APP when they get a Mac, but saying that the reason is that MacBooks cannot be tinkered with easily is just plain wrong.

mAV3 said:
ever since u joined this forum u have always showed everything by MS in bad light
First of all, you were not even here when I joined this forum. You came months later.

And secondly (and this is the last time I'm gonna say it), I have never said anything against Microsoft unless it is true and the only product from Microsoft that I criticise is Windows (because whether you admit it or not, whether you want to believe it or not, Windows is a pathetic operating system).

Having said that, I must say that I should have resisted replying to your post. I try to avoid flamebait these days and have been fairly successful so far. This was a slip-up. I could just as easily have side-stepped your post. Sorry 'bout that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom