Apple now worth double Dell’s market value

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
On October 6, 1997, in response to the question of what he'd do if he was in charge of Apple Computer, Dell founder and then CEO Michael Dell stood before a crowd of several thousand IT executives and answered flippantly, "What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders."

A little more than a month later, on November 10, 1997, new Apple iCEO Steve Jobs responded, speaking in front of an image of Michael Dell's bulls-eye covered face, "We're coming after you, you're in our sights."

On January 13, 2006, after a little more than eight years of hard work, Apple Inc. passed Dell, Inc. in market value, $72,132,428,843 vs. $71,970,702,760 at market close respectively.

Today, in intraday NASDAQ trading, Apple's market value passed 2 times that of Dell's, $127.81 billion vs. $63.65 billion.

Got any snappy retorts for that one, Mr. Dell?

AAPL and DELL quotes via NASDAQ are here.

[Via MacDailyNews]

On a related note, here's a happy little picture:

*bp3.blogger.com/_pNJFZtinpKY/RqlUbrF6B1I/AAAAAAAABfY/N-ESVhoCxV0/s400/apple+v.+others.JPG

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
market value or market cap?

Production wise, Dell is still more then Apple

Sales wise Dell is still more then Apple

Per Quarter income wise dell is still more then Apple

If you add the cost of Dell Assests & Dell market cap & dell everything, it is still higher then Apple.

Customisation wise Dell is still more then Apple

Hardware & OS choice wise, Dell is still more then Apple. Dell provides Windows & Ubuntu, while Apple only provides Mac OS X

Stock market fluctuates & changes regularly.

So......whats good here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom