Apple may use AMD in their next Macs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Personally, I really hate Apple rumours.. But, I'm a big, big AMD fanboy, and this one, sure interests me.. Apple is not happy with Intel and NVIDIA due to their conflict over the chipsets.. Moreover, in the red corner, AMD is doing wonders with their onboard and the dedicated GPUs.. Naturally, Apple has been eying that for quite a while now.. Read the full article for complete info..

Source :- Ars Technica.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Sad apple. Getting less and less exclusive and cheaper to build, but robbing of customers with the same premium.

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
^Typical Apple fanboy.. don't know what we're talking about.. but always trying to justify that Apple's products are superior...

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
it would be highly improbable but would be great ntl..AMD ftws all the way long.but imo intel in mac>amd in mac

Apple Juice

Broken In
^Typical Apple fanboy.. don't know what we're talking about.. but always trying to justify that Apple's products are superior...
nothing about being apple fanboi....i was replying to above guy claiming of "robbing customers" if u can read....why do people buy expensive cars then if maruti 800 does the job.

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
^For security reasons, ABS, EBD, Airbags etc are not available in Maruti 800.. but Mac OS X is not able to perform security too properly.. it is always the first to fall in the ComCastWest Hackers con...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those things obviously don't matter. Just pin pointing "non real world things".

So, now listen from someone who isn't a fanboy. Mac OS X is the best operating system around if you can afford it. It's like using a Linux with better applications, more productivity, less hassles and of course less bugs. Terminal commands are exactly the same. :D "sudo rm -rf" ;) People forget that Mac OS X is actually a Unix-like OS.

I'm using all the Operating Systems on a regular basis, so I consider myself a better judge than the fanboys and the anti-fanboys.

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Dude.. I've also used all the operating systems.. I had two HDDs running Windows 7, Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris.. trust me.. Mac OS X is a disgrace to the legacy of UNIX and to the culture of the FOSS.. They take a lot from the FOSS community and they don't give back anything.. there is no support of ODF in the iWorks suite, no Ogg Vorbis and FLAC support in iTunes and no Ogg Theora support in Quicktime...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^For security reasons, ABS, EBD, Airbags etc are not available in Maruti 800.. but Mac OS X is not able to perform security too properly.. it is always the first to fall in the ComCastWest Hackers con...
Still quite secure for an average user out there. Complacency of OS X users might cause problems tho :p

Dude.. I've also used all the operating systems.. I had two HDDs running Windows 7, Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris.. trust me.. Mac OS X is a disgrace to the legacy of UNIX and to the culture of the FOSS.. They take a lot from the FOSS community and they don't give back anything.. there is no support of ODF in the iWorks suite, no Ogg Vorbis and FLAC support in iTunes and no Ogg Theora support in Quicktime...

True that. Apple has only its own vested interest in its mind. OS X breaks UNIX philosophy, takes everything from FOSS giving back little, in fact they opposed Ogg Theora as a standard in <video> tags in HTML 5 and Safari doesn't even support Theora with it when FF, Chrome, and (later) Opera will do.
Though Mac OS X, seems to be as an OS pretty good, that I wont take away.

I guess we should leave it there. This is an AMD topic, not Apple one tbf. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom