Hi,

I gonna buy APC Samrt UPS for my corsair TX650( 750 or 1000VA),
where to buy in chennai?

do any one own it?? whats the price?

Madhu.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@madhu, Welcome to TDF... :)

A smart UPS is used to power a Server/network... May i know why u are opting for it?

APC 1KVA Smart-UPS will cost ~13K...

For a single pc, a APC Back-UPS will do the job fine...

APC 1.1KVA Back-UPS - 4.6K... Can be found in Ritchie st. chennai...

OP
M

madhu

Broken In
Since TX series PSU is build with active PFC, it requires pure sine wave as input. With Non-Sine wave output, there would be buzzing sound from PSU.

Have u guyz experienced the sound ??? I hope it doesnt detoriate the life of the PSU, but am confused now with decision, whether to buy the expensive smart UPS or Normal one:-?

Help me out:!::!::!:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Many of our forum members here are using APC 1.1KVA to power TX 650, 750 V2 series w/o issues..

So you are safe with a Back - UPS...
Wats ur budget?

OP
M

madhu

Broken In
Thanx man..

My budget for normal UPS is not an issue...(5 to7K).
Only thing it should not damage the PSU, thats my concern

S_V

In the zone
@madhu

I am using HX850 watts with 1.5kv APC and used with APC 1 kv too ...

I had none problems with both of them. It's just APC 1kv can support upto 600watts of total load. When I start playing games both cards kick in and start using 680-720 watts along with OC Processor.. Then i used to get msg from APC powerchute to unplug few components for optimal Backup or shut the Goddamn machine :)...

EDIT: It's the reason I went with 1.5Kv as it can support upto 850 watts total load.. My speakers alone takes 60watts at 70% Volume...

you can use 1.1 kv like other members said with no noise or hissing sounds from your SMPS.. Sometimes we shouldn't think about specs too much... ;-)

Last edited:
OP
M

madhu

Broken In
hi S_V

Thanxs buddy....I will go with 1.1Kva.

U have good configuration:cool: ...
By the way where did u get corsair case??
In chennai Corsair case are little bit expensive and unstocked.

tkin

Back to school!!
My rig is below, powered by APC 1.1KVA, bought for 4.3k+tax, gives good backup and no overload issues.

Note: My LCD and speakers are connected to a microtek 600va UPS, the APC powers only the RIG and the modem.

OP
M

madhu

Broken In
Megamind..

I was trying for Corsair 600T series, which was around 11.5K. But in
lynx india it was avaialble ofr 8.2K..

S_V

In the zone
@madhu

Thanks for your Compliments...

I bought Corsair 800D in Hyderabad for Price of 16,000 around 8 months back....
I tried in Chennai also at that Time.. They are wondering that corsair Makes cases? It's that Computer shops point in Mount Road after 1 and half Km from Spencer Plaza towards paris .

@MegaMind..

Wow.. Is that Real Price :) I mean is It gone down to near 14k now...

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
It's that Computer shops point in Mount Road after 1 and half Km from Spencer Plaza towards paris .

@MegaMind..

Wow.. Is that Real Price :) I mean is It gone down to near 14k now...

Yes thats Ritchie st, place where almost all elec. items are avail...

Thats the real price.. I'm thinking of getting one in the near future..:twisted: On seeing urs... :cool:

S_V

In the zone
yeah.. it's Ritchie Street.. I forgot that name... I lived in Chennai for 3 Years....

Corsair 800D for that Price is truly worth yaar.. Go ahead...

Top Bottom