APC ES 650 Battery Replacement

Recently my battery went kaput, and I need to change my APC ES 650 battery (RBC 17). I had a conversation with the APC officials in Calcutta, and their statement in inconsistent. They are saying that they have no battery in stock, but one of their engineers, said that they have battery(infact he showed me one). But he said, that if I would purchase the battery from him, then it will not be in a sealed pack, and there will be no accompanying bill, and the price for the RBC 17 will be 700 INR.

So should I go for that(I personally do not want to go for such a deal)? And again, can I replace the old battery, with a battery of another company, like Exide or Amaron?

tomys24

Broken In
you can replace the battery with exide or amaron. buy 12v 7ah or 12v 9ah. cost will be somewhere 700 inr

OP
P

paul.soumyabrata

Broken In
So will there be no problem if I replace an APC RBC 17 with another battery manufactured by another manufacturer?

So, which company is more reliable, Exide or Amaron, and will the dimensions of the battery exactly match with the dimensions of the APC RBC 17 battery?

tomys24

Broken In
rbc 17 is 9 ah APC Replacement Battery Cartridge #17

the size will be same. if in doubt you can take your apc battery with you to the shop.

Top Bottom