APC bx1100c-in fan spins at wrong time

rounakr94

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
Noticed a weird thing with my ups today. Its fan started spinning outside of the battery backup/post shutdown cooling stage mode. Previously it only spun up when the ups was in backup mode but now intermittently it turns on fan when mains is switched on.

This happens intermittently twice or thrice a day and fan shuts off after ~4mins.

Is this an issue or rather a bug or fault?
Everything else works fine including backup and other things.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Did this start happening recently? If it looks abnormal, perhaps you might want to check with customer care in any case.

OP
rounakr94

rounakr94

Right off the assembly line
Did this start happening recently? If it looks abnormal, perhaps you might want to check with customer care in any case.
Yes just happened yesterday and never happened after that.
It was pretty cold yesterday and day before yesterday, so can that be the root cause?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps, though I have never seen a UPS behave in such a way before. As long as it's not interfering with the UPS I guess you can roll with it.

How old is it anyway?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Perhaps, though I have never seen a UPS behave in such a way before. As long as it's not interfering with the UPS I guess you can roll with it.

How old is it anyway?
+1 to this. Usually not that nitpicking on smaller stuff like this as it'll involve a lot of time invested to take it to CC and checking. Then we can't even use our PC in that time.

If no major issue just roll with it.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom