Anyone watched Dev D ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Well as the title says, is the Emotional Atyachaar really good ? If you've watched it then please say how you liked it ?:confused:

sibot

I did it all for d n00ki3
I went to watch it today and I gotta say its one of the best hindi movies i've ever seen. Even though I don't watch many, but my choice is restricted to the most popular ones, and this movie just topped them!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I'VE NOT YET WATCHED THE MOVIE

I think if u are used to the type of movies Anurag Kashyap kakes, u'd love it.
I liked "No Smoking" and I shouldn't talk about "Black Friday"....

I guess he can be called our "Kubrick"...:rolleyes:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
more of a Darren Aronofsky than Kubrick i'll say!

by the way, i've not seen original Devdas . Will it be any problem ?

Last edited:
^^+1 I too haven't seen the original.

By Psychedelic I hope it seems better than Dark Knight when it comes to MAINSTREAM psycological thrillers.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Alright, then I'm most knowledgeable on Devdas...:)

I've read the original Bengali novel
Old Bengali movie acted by Uttamkumar (I don't know anyone heard about him els bengalis:rolleyes:)
Old Dileep kumar version
and
Shahrukh version

By Psychedelic I hope it seems better than Dark Knight when it comes to MAINSTREAM psycological thrillers.

Its not a thriller (if I understood u correctly)...its love...lose...separation...self destruction...etc.

And, psychedelic in this movie...I think is the abstract presentation of the character's mind...Anurag Kashyap is best in it...

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^kindly see Dev.D jaldi se.......and tell us if non Devdas viewer will miss anything

Its not a thriller (if I understood u correctly)...its love...lose...separation...self destruction...etc.

And, psychedelic in this movie...I think is the abstract presentation of the character's mind...Anurag Kashyap is best in it...
Thats the exact way I see dark knight. Behind the thriller is an AWESOME character contrast, involving THREE people, Batman, Harvy and Joker.

Anyway, the way you describe it, it looks like something to see. Lemme look out for it.

BSOD

Err.. what?
Its probably going to be one of those cult movies. Something like Mithya, but better. I love these movies, they are refreshingly good unlike the mainstream movies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Alright folks, coming from Dev.D...

7.5 to 8 in 10 is my rating.

I expected it to be more abstract but Anurag Kashyap has toned down his art of abstract story telling from "No Smoking" level, I think everyone needs to think about business. BUT its still out there which none can touch...

The movie needs a bit editing to be more sharp and smart...
The Paro part of the movie is a bit slow at times and Mahie Gill was weak some places.
I mostly loved the Chanda (kalki Koechlin) and Dev part of the movie, the Chanda girl is brilliant. She definitely knows what she is doing.

Those who have not watched Devdas would like the movie but you have to keep ur mind open, its more like binary...either u'll like or dislike the movie...no mix reaction can be evoked seeing it.

Those who have watched and LIKED/LOVED the old Devdas, they would miss the Pain, suffocation and helplessness in this movie a bit. Dev.D is not emo movie like its ancestors, its more like in-ur-face movie; in this time no one has time to stop and repent for years and die of self-pity...u get a replacement, either u want it or u don't. It happens.
While in hall I didn't quite like it, but I think I like it now.

Hope its not like No Smoking..That one totally went over my head
Then plz. don't watch it.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I liked the movie was pretty fun. Kept you engrossed, we didn't realize that the movie was so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom