Anyone using Airtel EDGE on mobile/USB modem in Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Till now I was using TATA Indcom data card without any trouble but now it has started giving troubles, so to go for a change, I want to know the experience of members using Airtel EDGE service in Delhi like average, maximum and minimum speed, variation of speed with moving to one part to another and charges for unlimited use. Their website so some plans, customer care tell about others and people say that its Rs.499 for unlimited use. It would be better if I get to know the experience of only those who use it on daily basis.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I have a GPRS Edge connection using Airtel as service provider in Nagpur on iphone with 350Rs unlimited.
Why am i answering you when you specifically mentioned you wanted the opinion for Delhi ?
Because i was in Delhi this last week and oh boy was the connection good on Airtel...
It was a lot lot better than what i get in Nagpur.
So good that there was hardly any buffer watching youtube on the iphone.
And yes incidentally i got Tata indicom connection and it was just the same as it was in Nagpur.
Yes Airtel is defiantly better...

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
I have been using Airtel EDGE on my laptop at Gurgaon. They charge 599/- for unlimited download in prepaid, and 499/- on postpaid connection. I was enjoying speeds upto 25KB/s until some days back. Now the average speed is just below 10KB/s :(
I would say that this connection is not at all reliable. It is good only for casual browsing, forget downloading. Even gtalk doesn't work properly and it plays logon/logoff game on this connection. I use it only when electricity goes away.
I would suggest you to go for this connection only if you are a wanderer, and have lots of money to waste.

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
At present, I am using Tata Indicom modem with Rs.325 plan which gives 30 free hours per month and after that 50p/min(Rs. 30 per hour). My monthly usage is around 35-40 hours. Earlier I used to get speed of 16kBps while downloading but now it hovers around 6-8kBps. If I get that speed, then my monthly bill will shoot upwards Rs.1000. That's why I am thinking of going with Airtel, as even if I get 10kBps, it would be turning out to be cheaper than Tata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom