Anyone removed any optical drives recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_ragman

Broken In
i recently removed the power cables from my hp dvd writer and samsung combo drive, but left them in the tray with the ide cables attached. i also went to device manager and disabled the secondary ide channel. the problem is that my pc has become atrociously slow now. and the "busy" led on my pc cabinet is always on. dim, but always on. the led flashes to full intensity when i access something, but otherwise stays on. and my computer keeps running out of physical memory. audio stutters and software runs slow. what could be the problem?

and yes, i have checked for viruses and spyware. none detected...

OP
T

the_ragman

Broken In
yeah, i tried that. the computer absolutely stopped loading programs! it was still very slow to boot, but when it booted into the desktop, it refused to run any program. now, ive enabled the optical drives again, but the computer's speed is still abysmally slow. it takes forever to defrag my system memory and to start programs...

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
there is some driver trouble...

try to find out what program is using the CPU so much thru task manager. then remove it

if still the prob persists.. then i think reinstalling windows will be easier then troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom