anyone is having motorola E398 ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Well, I check & U can also check the Webpage of SE K500i

It has resolution of 128X160 pixels, 65K colors , 12 MB memory, but thats enoguh memory for me, I can even record video with K500i at 600kb/min size in 3gp format, it also plays mpeg4 & mp3 files just like E398, but the best thing is that the Phone OS is a lot faster then E398, this is my personal experience by using both of them

I cannot record video with E398, even if I have 64 MB memory, also I use data cable when I m at home to sync file & IrDA at my institute so bluetooth is also useless for me

Battry isn't a problem, it will go fine for 1 day with me & after that I will be charging it in the night anyway, be it Nokia Samsung,LG or whatever, also there are more powerfull spare battries from SE, which I can use insted of the default one for Rs 500 more, which is good but not required cos I will be chargin my phone every nite

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
If the battery is not an issue then go for it. I like the Sony Ericsson except for the battery which is crap. Also if you can wait for the SE S700....now thats an amazin fone...

G

gxsaurav

This wait thing will never end, if I wait for S700 then I wall again wait for the fone which will come 2 months after that, so better get what U need

S700 when released will be a high end model & will take time for costs to come down, so then I would have to wait for 6 more months, hey, I need a phone not a PC, I have been using a Nokia 3315 till now

SE S700 preview

This is more like a cam with phone, what I need is a phone with cam

suave_guy

pedal to metal
what about SE K700i??
my frnds says that this phone is the exact rival for motorola E398..
Gx before buying K500i do check out K700i
one more thing k700i has a 4X digital zoom, i'm not sure whether 500i has got that..do compare them and obviously the prices also before deciding..

Enjoy :)

G

gxsaurav

K500i can be better termed as K700i minus

Bluetooth
Only 12 MB memory out of which 8 MB is for user
Low screen resolution, but big screen, good for images

Besides, K700i is Rs 6000 costly, I m taking half the money from Dad, as I m saving for Bike, still 11k more to go for Unicorn

The cam of K500i & K700i is same, they both support 4X digital zoom

G

gxsaurav

Guys, I got my K500i, the cost is Rs 13,500, while there was an excnage scheme for this that I can just exchange my old mobile to get Rs 2k off, so I exchanged my old Nokia 3315 to get it for 11,500. The K700i was 19K.

Ok, now to the specs, it is much like K700i except for a few things

1) No bluetooth, only data cable or IrDA, I will be using IrDA, but I haven't baught the Module, due to closed market today will buy on Monday. I m downloading the Syncing software from Sony rite now

2) It has infact 16 MB memory, out if which, 4 MB is reserved for the OS in which we can't do anything, rest 12 MB is available for me to use, I deleted a lot of useless contents, it came with video clip of Main Hun na, & Ishq samunder which was taking about 900 kb/min & it was about 40 sec each, so now I have 11.2 MB of free memory to spare

3) Video Recording is just like a webCam, to bad I can't use it as a webcam, but the frame rates are low. The cam is really good, my family members thaught it as real cam & told me to take snaps of my niece & sister, however at 4X Digital Zoom the image becomes really grainy, but still bearable, I take images at 640X480, at which it is quite good,

5) Calculating by the memory, I can record about 14 Mins of video in mpg4 formar, which can be played in PC by Quicktime or Real One player

6) Orange backlight & there are 3 themes given, I m using the modified Matalix theme & named it Lab Style, mine

7) U can have Midi & mp3 ringtones, even a full song however a ringtone of 20 secs is recomended by sony at max

8) it has really nice & closest OS to Windows, but a bit flawed, I m also downloading a new firmware, which I will be able to install over IrDA or Cable, it's not slow, but applying effects on Pictures takes a lot of time, I gues it's a 33MHz CPU or Less. The file system is folder\files based, really clsoe to Windows.

9) It has power saving mode, & even in direct sunlight the screen is still visible enough to read & write clearly, but a bit dim, took only 1.4 hrs to charge from 30% to 100%, the retailer said it lasts 2 days without charge. Even if U close the phone the larm & reminder still works. When in standby mode the screen goes compleately black but a Digital clock is still available in bright silver color which can be seen clearly

Now the bad thing, the keypad is small, even for me, but now after 3 hrs of usage I m used to it.

Those who write SMS all the time, be careful this small keypad might obstruct

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Going to play now, with my phone

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Hey gx
U bought a SE - great choice!!!! :D
A few things though-
1> Why r u downloading the syncing software?Didn't u get it on the SE CD?
2>Download Theme Creator Pro 3G if u want to create ur own themes.Its much better than the SE Theme Creator
3>Download FMA, its a must use for SE users
4>U won't be able to upgrade ur firmware via cable or infrared.The firmware can only be upgraded through a developers cable, known as the terminator cable
Also, upgrading firmware urself is not recommended, as its like flashing ur bios - one mistake and ur phone is dead forever
I recommend taking it to a SE service centre.They should do it for free as the phone is under warranty
Oh, and upgrading the firmware is highly recommended, as it really fixes some major software bugs

G

gxsaurav

The syncing software I got in CD is old version, so I m downloading the latest version

*www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gl...&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10176&fid=6997&esi=true

I don't want to create a theme rite now, as I m first creating icons for it in my PC

What is FMA

& the firmware, ok, I will take it to the service guy, hey can U tell me how can I find which firmware version I got in this cell

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
FMA(Float's Mobile Agent) is one of the best pieces of software created for SE phones
It allows u to easily send files to ur phone, browse ur phone, and even control ur PC via ur phone!!!

Abt ur firmware version - U can find out by the following code-
> * < < * < *

'>' stands for joystick right
'<' stands for joystick left

After entering the above code, u will be in the service menu, click on service info, and u'll see ur firmware. Its a code which starts with the letter 'R'
There are chances that ur phone already has the latest firmware

G

gxsaurav

Ok, I m checking the FMA, so I can use it insted of the official 30 MB Sony software to browse my files in Cell

My Phone was made on July 28 I guess, this I got from the pre-provided images which are created on July 28, maybe

G

gxsaurav

Ok, I check with that >*<< thing it said my firmware is R2L001, is this the latest

G

gxsaurav

wow, latest one, thanx Abhijit_T

However, I was not able to find any quirks with it, so I guess it is areally bug fixed,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom