Anyone has used N95 GPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivarap

In the zone
I am having trouble using the N95 GPS. Anyone has used it?
I also need the bangalore and/or chennai map for my N95. any resource?

Ravirdv

Broken In
have tried it on my firiend's n95 it never workd :/ it keeps saying not connected to satellite something like dat :p

OP
S

sivarap

In the zone
I get connected to the satelite...its just that there is no detailed map installed in the device. and it soesnt' work when u are inside.....u have to look to the sky and say "please"

OP
S

sivarap

In the zone
maps link?
also...is the map stored in the device or do i need the internet always?
now i am using home wireless to get the maps....(not detailed though...shows only four roads in the entire city)

OP
S

sivarap

In the zone
oh oh....thats a problem....anyways...the googlemaps link?

got it.....but there is no navigation feature available....the one provided in noka is too good....(i tried to navigate to the airport....its really good)

Last edited:

mohitgiri

Journeyman
N95 gps needs slide open+clear sky view. u also need a GPRS enebled connection. all 4 metros map will appear autometic when u scroll them with gprs connection availablty. Or download maps and NOKIA MAP LOADER from www.nokia.com/maps
or in maps go to extra services and purchase MAPS.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Hi buddy, If u wana use GPS u need to subscribe which i think in india is a huge sum of money.. nearly 32k for a year.. as seen in newspaper ad in bangalore. If you really want to get the experience you can use GPRS. what you need to do is just go to *www.n-series.com from your mobile(not from pc, there is some other link from PC www.nokia.com/maps not sure.). Select nokia map and download it.nearly 3MB and done. All metro maps of india is given..
Thats Bangalore MG road.. check the link image.. its from my n-80ie *flickr.com/photos/thekaushik/1943755030/

assasin

Banned
the.kaushik said:
Hi buddy, If u wana use GPS u need to subscribe which i think in india is a huge sum of money.. nearly 32k for a year..

there is no need for any subscription for using GPS.GPS is a FREE service provided by the US Government.
subscription charges are for the GPS software and the maps that they provide but if u hav a freeware then its FREE.

OP
S

sivarap

In the zone
He meant "using" the GPS...ie the maps.....I am sure u know that GPS(locating/using the satellites) is free....but u need some good maps to "use" them... :)....they cost....

the.kaushik said:
Hi buddy, If u wana use GPS u need to subscribe which i think in india is a huge sum of money.. nearly 32k for a year.. as seen in newspaper ad in bangalore. If you really want to get the experience you can use GPRS. what you need to do is just go to *www.n-series.com from your mobile(not from pc, there is some other link from PC www.nokia.com/maps not sure.). Select nokia map and download it.nearly 3MB and done. All metro maps of india is given..
Thats Bangalore MG road.. check the link image.. its from my n-80ie *flickr.com/photos/thekaushik/1943755030/
Thanks fo rthe reply.....I am unable to get to a hotspot today....I need some info......is it just the map or can it be used withthe GPS available in N95? I am confused cos u said "experience" is it just for trial

Last edited:

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
what gps in india is free? R u guys kidding? Can u say where from u got this info? I am talking about GPS. which can show u where u are at any moment. Pls reply. I will check it now.

assasin

Banned
the.kaushik said:
what gps in india is free? R u guys kidding? Can u say where from u got this info? I am talking about GPS. which can show u where u are at any moment. Pls reply. I will check it now.

yeah dood its FREEE!!!!and not only in India its FREE all over the world cuz its provided FREE of cost by the US Government.
i've used it with google maps in Kolkata.the map was pretty good and GPS positioning accuracy was within 10-20m.
its shows ur position with a blue blinking dot and if u move ur position is update.

i've got another software which i diid try as of now.its MGMaps.

magneticme200

In the zone
i have used the gsp in my n95 8gigs. i have a wi-fi at my place, i hv used it thru wi-fi only...
i had to be in the balcony for letting it to connect to the gps sattelites, it worked quite well for delhi (im a delhi resident), had enuf details about it fo u you to recognise whre u are...the "my location" it displayed was absolute...

i liked it.!

mohitmarwaha

Right off the assembly line
I have been using the N95 and iPhone gps features and various mapping software for a while now and have detailed my experiences on my blog (*technologyandgizmos.blogspot.com/2008/09/using-n95-gps-in-bangaloreis-it-really.html).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom