Any way to restore WhatsApp chats to new phone?

srdigit16

In the zone
Have bought a Poco M5 pro 5g as the old mobile Redmi 8 is not working properly due issues like screen ghost hanging in between. I installed WhatsApp in new phone & registered with same number as using in old phone (have put WhatsApp number SIM in another device other than these 2) & opened the chat transfer screen in old phone & scanned the QR code which appeared in new phone. But transfer speed is too slow & it got cancelled & seems their implementation of transfer is not proper. But now WhatsApp logged out in older phone & when i logged in again lost the old chats as well, though the yesterday Google drive backup showing in Chat backup page. Have backed up database file to computer also. It doesn't matter if I lose the recent 1 or 2 day chats but will be better if able to restore chats prior to that. Also when registering WhatsApp sending OTP through call is giving error message though I'm able to make & receive calls in the device which has the WhatsApp number SIM

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I was able to transfer my WA chats from old LG phone to new Samsung phone. So not sure if implementation is wrong. But since WA is logged out in old phone, that seems a bummer.
Your only bet now seems to be the Google drive backup. But I think it can only restore while you are setting up WA for the first time. So try again. Fingers crossed.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
I was able to transfer my WA chats from old LG phone to new Samsung phone. So not sure if implementation is wrong. But since WA is logged out in old phone, that seems a bummer.
Your only bet now seems to be the Google drive backup. But I think it can only restore while you are setting up WA for the first time. So try again. Fingers crossed.
Yeah, you can try restoring chats by logging out and logging back in if the old drive backup is not overwritten. You can also try restoring chats from offline whatsapp chat backup in your old phone if Google drive's overwritten

Top Bottom