Any python expert here ?

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I wrote a small script on xp that I want to distribute. So I tried compiling it using py2exe. It compiles, but the resulting exe throws errors when run.

Link to my script:
[Python] import pyttsx import threading from threading import * import datetime imp - Pastebin.com

Here's my attempt at compiling it using py2exe
#COMPILE python setup.py py2exe --includes pyttsx.drivers.sapi5

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(windows=['speechplay.py'])

I also tried pyinstaller , which also compiles, but again with errors. I found this patch here to make it work. But have no clue as to how to apply that patch to pyinstaller.

Any help please

Thanks

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
The errors thrown by the executable are:
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "speechplay\build\pyi.win32\speechplay\out01-PYZ.pyz\threading", line 530, in __bootstrap_inner
File "speechplay\build\pyi.win32\speechplay\out01-PYZ.pyz\threading", line 483, in run
File "<string>", line 99, in saythread
File "speechplay\build\pyi.win32\speechplay\out01-PYZ.pyz\pyttsx", line 39, in init
File "speechplay\build\pyi.win32\speechplay\out01-PYZ.pyz\pyttsx.engine", line 45, in __init__
File "speechplay\build\pyi.win32\speechplay\out01-PYZ.pyz\pyttsx.driver", line 64, in __init__
File "D:\py\PyInstaller\loader\iu.py", line 409, in importHook
raise ImportError("No module named %s" % fqname)
ImportError: No module named drivers

Hi,
I was just compiling another python hello world program and .. long story short I think the problem is with my pythonpath. Can I request someone to bare with me and explain me how to set it right ?
i am on xp . And this is the output of echo %pythonpath%
D:\Python27\python27.zip;D:\Python27\DLLs;D:\Python27\lib;D:\Python27\lib\plat-win;D:\Python27\lib\lib-tk;D:\Python27;D:\Python27\lib\site-packages;D:\Python27\lib\site-packages\win32;D:\Python27\lib\site-packages\win32\lib;D:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin

Is it correct?
I had pythonpath problems previously as well.
The main warning I get while compiling is this:
WARNING: library python%s%s required via ctypes not found
any ideas /

thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom