Any Idea about Idea's Edge service tarrif ??

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hi,
I just upgraded my Android(Spica) to Cyanogen mod. I notice a new option which is in froyo 'Enable data access over mobile network'. This option was checked by default and I could see the Edge service icon in my notification bar. I tried to access internet and it worked. I called Idea support to check the edge tariff but they had no clue (expected).

So I am wondering that if I continue to use this service (which I want to) what will be the charges. I have googled enough but no luck.

If anyone knows details about this, pleas let me know :)

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Maharashtra circle, gprs tarrif are for 2paisa per kb. But this is not GPRS (and its lots faster).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@tarey_g : Is EDGE is supported by IDEA network???If yes then they wud have mentioned
in their website.....

And which other Service Providers support EDGE????how to identify if the connection is EDGE or GPRS....

EDGE is 4times faster than GPRS.....

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Idea does provide Edge services, I read in a press release. But they have not specified tariffs anywhere. And GPRS spped suck, the speeds I am getting dont suck :) :(

ajai5777

Youngling
I started to use Edge years ago when I didnt have broadband.I live in kerala.At that time, only idea was giving edge through out the state other service providers like airtel had edge only in major cities.Edge is EGPRS which has more bandwidth than normal GPRS.Maximum speed in edge is 240 kbps while its just 40 in GPRS.I used to get 240kbps with idea edge at that time.The tariff was 5rs/day unlimted.I used to get 25-30KBps all the time.But then they increased the tariff to 7 then 10 ,15 the maximum I heard was 25rs/d.

I dont know whether such plans exist now or not.But there are some other plans like 98rs/month 2GB cap 13rs/3day unlimited etc.I have used other networks edge service.With airtel I dont even get 100kbps in aircel less than 40kbps.But idea still 240 kbps rock solid.

just_asim

100% GENUINE
Idea (as well as some other networks) charges nothing extra for EDGE, they provide it as a part of their INTERNET (GPRS DATA) packs only.....:-o

Top Bottom