any heating problem in D915GAV mother board

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkyardmob

Broken In
Hi friends

i am planning to buy a computer intel PIV 630 (3 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz) with intel original D915GAV motherboard.

i want to know that this motherboard has heating problem as i have read somewhere?

rachitar

Journeyman
No heating problems
I have 915 and have not switched off the comp for about 2 months and no heating problems or any hardware related problems for me
Go ahead with it

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya there is no heating problem with this motherboard,
I am also using it.

But yes, there could be a heating problem (little, can be ignored) with the processor intel PIV 630 (3 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz), since this processor comes from the Prescott family from intel.

But nothing to worry , since, I am also using a similar processor with this motherboard, P IV 730J (3 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz), so go ahead and buy it and sleep cool.

praka123

left this forum longback
:D I got the same board works gr8.but the P4 2.8 HT processor Prescott gets heated up very soon.b/w u can try some intel boards supporting DDR2 rather than sticking with 915GAV :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I Have this board for about 8 months for now no problem with it.

BUT one thing u should note is that for the presscot series u must buy a very good cabinet with a fan or two at the side of the cabinet just opposite to the processor. mine doesn have one, so the cpu fan revs up when cpu is operated in full load. it makes too much noise. i have no other alternative but to open the cabinet to let the air flow in. sad to say, im using my new pc with the cabinets sidecover open for more than 5 months :( . so my honest sugession is that, even if u have to pay a 1000 bucks more! please invest in a good cabinet, so that u dont end up like me removing the side cover of ur new pc.

Charan

G

gxsaurav

since this CPU, 630 is a Intel Pentium 4 6xx series pasrt, don't forget to enable EIST which is a Intel form of AMD CnQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom