Any good phone @ 11k

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ i googled and haven't got a link. That is why i asked for a link. BTW Thanks for the link. If that is the case, sure i am gonna get P500.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
seriously gingerbread for O1...is it just a marketing gimmic or what.....what's the use...
2.2 is the best for low end devices.....seeing that the UI is customised...
LG is not giving Vanilla 2.3 which is better as it has some upgrades in UI and many battery saving updates though not much useful in case of a low end device especially for LG it will still be a battery hogger........
It is meant and customised for the likes of Nexus S and not low end LG phones....
people dun just see the android version and jump the boat....get what you need instead and u will be better off.....

p>S:Get a O1 just becoz of 2.3 great ...PR works i agree....people people......wake up

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
seriously gingerbread for O1...is it just a marketing gimmic or what.....what's the use...
LG is not giving Vanilla 2.3 which is better as it has some upgrades in UI and many battery saving updates though not much useful in case of a low end device especially for LG it will still be a battery hogger........
It is meant and customised for the likes of Nexus S and not low end LG phones....
people dun just see the android version and jump the boat....get what you need instead and u will be better off.....

p>S:Get a O1 just becoz of 2.3 great ...PR works i agree....people people......wake up

Not just because of that, but also one of the reason.

If you read the post from start, you come to know that i zeroes at O1 before i knew this news and not just b'coz it'll have 2.3 update. It's damn VFM fone one can get for 11k. Got it.

We are not dumb enough to buy a phone just by some stupid rumors and updates.

And from where you get that 2.3 is only for high end phones. I even seen some sites trying 2.3 on O1 and they even succeeded in that.

Now you go and get some fresh air. :lol:

No offense meant on you dude.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
i only meant that ...... 2.3 was majorly done due to NFC(Near field communication) for next gen devices which of course ur O1 would not support(coz m sure after all this chit chat u will get a O1 no point in discussing if u have decided previously)....hence my point stands firm.....

Also after this google is focusing more on Tablets and releasing newer versions which are more capable.....

Yes i agree people have succeded in that but that does not mean it was meant to be for O1...check out in the same link Lg people have said that O1 would not get gingerbread coz of it's low specs...get that ...now only becoz it is one of their(or the only one) best selling devices ...the pressure is to get an update out as soon as possible...hence the change in their strategy... get it....

Even some dev's ported Android 2.2 to a Wave2 just now so does that mean ...if it can be done dosen't mean it has to be or is the best option also...

"We are not dumb enough to buy a phone just by some stupid rumors and updates."
Ok i agree but in your intial post and in the few following posts did anybody mentioned the 2.3 feature......
it seemed to me that it is only after when dsneih posted it...you tried to google and get info...and after many failed attempts he provided u with the links :lol:

"It's damn VFM fone one can get for 11k. Got it."
One more thing ... O1 is available for <10k now.....and cool down buddy

p>S:NOM....just a point of view ....

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
The Dell XCD35 has only 256MB RAM. Except the screen resolution, nothing is good in it.

The ZTE Blade has 512MB RAM but is not available in India & hence no warranty on it if you get it from abroad.

The 2.3 update will bring much features & performance upgrade. Remember the security loophole which the malicious apps from the market used to compromise the IMEI number of the handsets ? That too will be patched.

@OP
The iPhone has one of the best keyboards. But if you have problem with it, then I doubt your usability with the O1 keyboard.

Do try the keyboard before buying the handset. And Swype might come to the rescue. And there are custom keyboards that might work. Ultimately you'll get used to it.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
Although i am giving this info just to be clear....i think this is off topic and purely coz most don't know it or are plain not into this detail... :grin:

No it is not so simple as that...
Although it is said that migrating from 2.2 to 2.3 should be easier for OEM's.....but there is a fine print here.....google has made is seem so that it does not officially has to state that it does not care much about low end devices on their platform...(otherwise there would have been a sub 5k android phone till now and req would have drastically reduced... :p)

Look into details of the API Overview....
Major updates like
"1.SIP-based VoIP"
"2.Near Field Communications (NFC)"
"3.Gyroscope and other sensors"
"4.Multiple cameras support"
even basic support is for "Extra Large Screens" in API
nothing much for low end phones like O1...except some packages in UI and media.....which is common in this level of update....

Check the official android developers page
here

p>S:mate do google before asking for links.... will help

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
WTF!!! Slow in gaming, then no way that i'll get that shi1t. Thanks for pointing out. I even have a flash of thought to go for that, now it completely changes my decision to stick with P500.

Galaxy 551 uses same processor as Galaxy 3. slow.

^^ Not exactly. If i find any decent Android+QWERTY @13k i'll buy it. Otherwise will try to get used to swype.

no need to get used to swype. just try it for an hour & you'll find all kind of normal keyboard almost useless. i have dumped Gingerbread keyboard for swype.

You made a nice decision of going with QWERTY. I use soft keyboard now and my texting is so error-prone and slow.
Now I realize how useful QWERTY keyboard is!!!

but its more like a QWERTY vs battery life & game performance. its upto Rajkumar to decide what he wants.

Guess nobody here minds using LG's crappy UI........i have used O1 personally and except for android 2.2/price the device has nothing to offer....

why you need to use it? theres ton of launcher in market. pick anyone of them. i am using SE Arc launcher since day 2 of getting O1. never switched back to LG launcher.

yes, it has nothing to offer great but good battery life, good gaming performance, good multitasking & a bunch of useful apps does mean a lot to most peoples.

was talking to get a ZTE blade which is known as XCD 35 in india.....
Get the original Blade from orange and not XCD as it is costly here...[/URL]

warranty?

so what do you suggest OP should get? & please give proper reason to support your claim. not just any random comment.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
^^ Okay, forget about Gingerbread update for now.

Tell me one reason for choosing Dell XCD35 over LG O1.

firstly i am talking about ZTE blade and not it's XCD counterpart
Secondly ....AMOLED for <10k,better resolution and no LG(therefore no battery or UI issues)

@Sam
yes, it has nothing to offer great but good battery life, good gaming performance, good multitasking & a bunch of useful apps does mean a lot to most peoples.
good battery life....not a feat of O1 ....
apps...that is android market and not the device
multitasking...Vanilla android feature but the UI tries to ruin it.....works somehow

so what do you suggest OP should get? & please give proper reason to support your claim. not just any random comment.
Read the posts my friend :rofl:

i agree bout the warranty issue.....makes it a risky pruchase....but a damn good one though

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Guys, i am searching for ZTE Blade for two days and didn't find any GO or IC in forums, even if there it's only for delhi people.

You know anyone selling ZTE blade in India?

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
@pauldmps
"I'd still go with the LG O1 because of two reasons:

1. Warranty
2. Because I'm brand-concious"

Ya sure LG is a good brand when it comes to android smartphones...what service they provide......good going dude.......advising people to get Lg phones stating u would get one......
Also AMOLED versions are still available.....but in very less amount and there are about 1 in 5 for every ZTE blade.....

@OP
man it's not my problem if you cannot google out such a huge erodov or techenclave thread......
don't expect everything in a platter.....if you could not find the thread then i think maybe purchasing that way is not meant for you :p ....
go get a O1 like every other noob does and enjoy the easy life >> NOM

p>S:even free help is not given any consideration thesedays....it is frowned upon...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@pauldmps

1. Warranty

Ya sure LG is a good brand when it comes to android smartphones...what service they provide......good going dude.......advising people to get Lg phones stating u would get one......
Also AMOLED versions are still available.....but in very less amount and there are about 1 in 5 for every ZTE blade.....

@OP
man it's not my problem if you cannot google out such a huge erodov or techenclave thread......
don't expect everything in a platter.....if you could not find the thread then i think maybe purchasing that way is not meant for you :p ....

p>S:even free help is not given any consideration thesedays....it is frowned upon...

If so, then hope the only genius in the whole world is you.... :lol:

Why would one buy a ZTE blade knowing that no warranty avail. If considering this act as a great men's act, then you are god of all mobiles.

you are saying us a n00b coz we are getting a O1, i don't have a word for you. (Is there any word called uber n00b? :D)

And why the hell one would throw away 10k and get a phone for which i can't get a warranty? May be geniuses like you do, but for a guys like me, throwing away 10k is not that easy.

@aakashdave11

If you are going to buy a sub 12k phone, may be you will buy ZTE blade at your won risk and may be you are son-of-rich guy, but not me. So please stop pretending like you are the god of mobiles and no one around you don't know anything. Seriously man, you need some therapy.....:grin:

Oh, finally >> NOM ;-)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@pauldmps

1. Warranty

@OP

WTF??? Who're you to call me a noob? Just stop trolling all the threads mate...

Top Bottom