Any "Genuine" Earning Options While Studying?

tushar33

Right off the assembly line
Well dear, one thing i must want to tell you that part-time freelancing is good but you have to be ready to face some challenges like time crunch, rate pressure, work delivery even some time for quality work. This can happen especially when you are dealing with more than one client at a time.It may become difficult for a freelancer. So, it is better to choose some better option like teaching small children's where you can earn with out any mental pressure.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Though there are "genuine" options to earn online, but most of them are shady. The problem with freelancing is that you'll have to face a real tough competition on popular sites like freelancer, elance, etc and till the time you're not having some serious working experience at your backing, it's rather impossible to get work on such sites as no one would like to get their work done with someone who doesn't know what he/she's doing. Moreover, people have divulged into exploiting this will to earn in part time. Most of the times these people/sites offer you almost free cash for almost no work for example (earn $$$ by just click on the links, filling in the forms) and if you're interested, you are required to pay them to get yourself enrolled stating that it's a security deposit to ensure the person intersted is serious about the work. I don't know how many of these have actually paid people
To any one looking for such earn while you learn opportunities, I'll suggest better concentrate on your studies as you'll have very less time to work beyond your studies/recreational activities. The amount of work, most of the times, is too much for a student to cope up with his/her studies.

@ Roady: IMO, Affiliate marketing is again a tough thing to do as most of those who'll have you with such opportunities will ask you to pay in order to join and even once you join, till the time you're not able to convert someone to a customer, you'll not get anything. Isn't is same as Refer A Friend?

Last edited:

roady

Digital Marketer
@ Roady: IMO, Affiliate marketing is again a tough thing to do as most of those who'll have you with such opportunities will ask you to pay in order to join and even once you join, till the time you're not able to convert someone to a customer, you'll not get anything. Isn't is same as Refer A Friend?

No. That's a myth.

I'm mostly on Clickbank. It is the 2nd best affiliate platform after Amazon Affiliates.

You do NOT have to pay to any of these websites or to anyone for that matter when you start affiliate marketing.

All you need is

A domain
A web host (because blogspot and wordpress.com sites aren't worth for this platform)
Basics with HTML and CSS (add-on)
any else you know is a bonus for you.

Prior to making my first bucks on the internet, I had no money. My parents never believed in spending money online. So I decided to join file sharing money making sites like hotfile etc and made enough to get independent.
After that, I realized that I needed to move on because I was sharing illegal files. And if I really wanted to pursue a career in Online marketing, I HAD to do something that was ehtical + legal. More on the legal side ;)

So I came across affiliate marketing such as clickbank. CB is the largest platform to promote digital products. Just browse through the market place, search for something that you like and promote it. This is the CRUX.

AMazon affiliates are more for physical products.

Jabong joined commission junction (CJ) to start its affiliate platform

These 3 are globally recognized affiliate platforms.

As for the money to be received, I will only receive money when I make a sale. As simple as that. No vendor would like to pay me even before I make a sale.

And the best part about clickbank/amazon is that - the payment method is controlled by the said websites only. Vendors have NO control over payments. So you're assured of the payments once you pass the threshold.

Affiliate Marketing is a new concept in India. But if you want to learn more about it, join afaqs fan page on Facebook, along with other Search Engine Land and some other good online marketing pages. Once again, there's a lot of money to be made in this Industry and it's only the beginning for now.

Talking about jabong, jabong imo isn't able to capitalize on the CJ system because CJ has a .. bad UI/UX specially for newbies. It's really tough to understand how to get banners, landers, materials, articles, emails etc which Jabong provides to its affiliate. And many other things as well.

Feel free to ask more questions if you have. I'll be really happy to help :)

Top Bottom