Anonymous browsing in GNU/Linux/BSD's or UNIX's

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
que is strictly in a unix context :)and not for something illegal anyway :p
Anybody knows some solution for anonymous browsing.it seems privacy is at risk when browsing through some "so-called" reliable sites!.I know about proxies.are they completely safe?

reg dataone isp or NIB users-does they logs ur activities before itself?
I am no gr8 in networking.so some fella's explains.hope it is useful to others too :)

As far as Linux is considered-i found an app java based which i am yet to try.
AN.ON remains free of charge) makes it possible to surf the internet anonymously and unobservably.
Without Anonymization, every computer in the internet communicates using a traceable Address. That means:
  • the website visited,
  • the internet service provider (ISP),
  • and any eavesdropper on the internet connection
can determine which websites the user of a specific computer visits. Even the information which the user calls up can be intercepted and seen if encryption is not used. JAP uses a single static address which is shared by many JAP users. That way neither the visited website, nor an eavesdropper can determine which user visited which website.
*anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html
^ it seems this app connects to random anonymize servers.
and this thread from /. seems interesting:
*ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/05/0132249

your replies \...

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
thx.is below site wat u refered:
*tor.eff.org/
JAP seems easy to configure even got guide in install for ur browser(FF,ie or opera)
but does NIB logs details about every connected. :?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Those who want to try tor can check out sabayon live CD/DVD. It has tor as one of the boot parameters. If you enable it, you will have a configured tor environment enabled, AFAIK.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
hmm..nice option with sabayon.hope more distros includes..but someone answers..does NIB logs each connections?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Nope Praka, I dont think NIB logs any connection details coz it kills the entire purpose of you being able to go where you wanna go with out any footprints in the snow.

rocket357

Security freak
*wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorIPCOP

This shows how to set up an IpCop machine ("hardware" firewall appliance distro) to utilize TOR transparently so ALL of your machines on your network are "torrified".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom