Annoying: Sim Data Refresh

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Hi,
I am using Samsung Galaxy S2 and was using normal 2G data plan till yesterday. I activated 3G data plan today morning and since then, there is an annoying problem.

The phone wakes up every 1-2 mins and display a toast (black notification box) and says Sim Data Refreshing. It also shows me in roaming network sometime. When I changed the network time to GSM only there error is gone and 2G data plan is forced.

I called the CC and they said that the sim is 2G sim and that might be the reason the error is there. Please try changing the sim and let us know if it gets resolved.

Does anyone here is facing the same problem.

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
then try to re-install the ICS again and if still the problem resists give to the CC.
Also did you trying working with some other network sim card with 3G enable ??

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Nope. None of my friend have 3G enabled sim.

I am planning to root my device this weekend. Lets see if I can get rid of this error.

veerendar

Right off the assembly line
Nope... i changed back to 2G connection

I am facing the same issue... I am having Galaxy Ace Plus -->Android ginger bread on vodafone. I have question for both of you guys.. do you people see IDEA cellular network in Network Search? I have tried and I am not finding it, why I am asking it b'coz when I called vodafone cc they said 3G service of vodafone is through IDEA in India, so we need to first select IDEA first and then Vodafone..... not sure what exactly is the problem.

Top Bottom