Anil Ambani in talks to buy Newcastle United: report

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Thumbs down for Ambani buying the club is because, i highly doubt he is a football fan. he has no track record of managing any sports related business. Though i know he wud hire a whole bunch of advisors, i still feel he is simply not the right person to run a soccer club.

wat say folks?
Neither is the guy who owns Man U, but a fresh team at the top always changes a few things. New Castle was crap even though they had some nice players. I am hoping Ambani's purchase will change the way things happen there and maybe change New Castle's fortunes.

I hope this will be a success unlike our last place Force-India mates.
C'mon dude, what is the guy supposed to do, the previous owners have made things difficult for him, those guys did nothing for development, Mallya's job is quite tough. He has made some really fast advances for the team.

goobimama

 Macboy
I should have put a disclaimer there. Better put one now before I cause more damage.

Disclaimer: I don't know squat about sports. Please excuse my noobish comments. (But of course you can't stop em' from coming.)

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I should have put a disclaimer there. Better put one now before I cause more damage.

Disclaimer: I don't know squat about sports. Please excuse my noobish comments. (But of course you can't stop em' from coming.)

I am taking your disclaimer seriously.:p

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
hold on ....
Much b4 Roman came into the picture there have been other clubs which bought players and pumped a lot of money thus poaching players from Ajax n West Ham etc. (clubs known to have some good youth system). i don't want to name any and create another uproar.
Roman mite only have taken it to the next level, and with back to back Premiership titles people thought the game is dead. But, for the good of the game its not.
Apart from Roman's money, Jose Mourinho's shrewd tactics and a bunch of players hungry for success contributed to the back to back titles!!
Roman/Mourinho entry into English Football did change the way football is played in England. Sir Alex himself admitted once after Chelsea won the title "I have always said the Premiership is a marathon, but Chelsea have made it a sprint from start to finish"
To keep up with the competition other clubs invested more money and the result was, Premiership got more exciting.

Roman for that matter loves the game and has invested in bringing up a good youth system which is yet to bear fruits.(Sir Alex did the same with United when he came to power in the early 80s and we see the result now)

Thumbs down for Ambani buying the club is because, i highly doubt he is a football fan. he has no track record of managing any sports related business. Though i know he wud hire a whole bunch of advisors, i still feel he is simply not the right person to run a soccer club.

wat say folks?
I partially agree with you.Atleast Abram knows something about running a sports team.Even Malcolm Glazer owned some NFL team before he took over manure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom