Android Smartphone with dimensions similar to Galaxy S2

ranaprathap

Broken In
Hello,

I have been using my Samsung Galaxy S2 for 5 years now, and I really like the phone, particularly because of its size, which is really comfortable for me to fit in my palm. I am looking for an android smartphone with dimensions as close to S2 as possible.

1. Budget?
->20K, may be 2K more

2. Display type and size?
The largest possible within the physical dimensions I need. Also 1080p is necessary.

3. Dual sim?
Not needed

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No preference.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Decent camera, otherwise no preference.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G is a must. The phone must have support for 4G bands used in the US, as I have to take this phone to the US this year.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Multimedia and internet.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
I really liked Xiaomi Mi5 but I was told that the device sold in India do not have support for 4G bands used in US. Mi5 was otherwise the best option for me.

10. Any other info that you want to share
Please keep the dimensions(length and breadth) as close to Samsung Galaxy S2 as possible. Thickness as less as possible. If you need any more information, please ask me and I will answer.

I am also ready to buy this device from UAE, if such a situation arise.

Thanks in advance for your help.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Moto G5 Plus or Redmi Note 4.
But I prefer Moto because it's fluid and lots of updates.

Only thing is to look for is it comes with Snapdragon 625 processor.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

OP
R

ranaprathap

Broken In
Get Moto G5+ when it launches.

There is a sale tomorrow in Flipkart.

However, it seems overprized considering the fact that the specs are very similar to Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, with G5+ having smaller screen and less battery. And the dimensions are similar to Note 4, with the G5+ having larger bezels and smaller screen.

However, G5+ seems to have support for US 4G bands, according to specifications on GSMarena. Does it apply to the international model or will the version released in India have fewer band support?

- - - Updated - - -

Moto G5 Plus or Redmi Note 4.
But I prefer Moto because it's fluid and lots of updates.

Only thing is to look for is it comes with Snapdragon 625 processor.

Both phones are slightly larger than my preference and Note 4 do not seem to have support for US 4G bands.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
There is a sale tomorrow in Flipkart.

However, it seems overprized considering the fact that the specs are very similar to Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, with G5+ having smaller screen and less battery. And the dimensions are similar to Note 4, with the G5+ having larger bezels and smaller screen.

However, G5+ seems to have support for US 4G bands, according to specifications on GSMarena. Does it apply to the international model or will the version released in India have fewer band support?

Both phones are slightly larger than my preference and Note 4 do not seem to have support for US 4G bands.

There are no good compact phones in your budget. Most phones are either 5.5" or more.

Xperia X has huge-ass bezels and is priced at more than twice at what it should be.

Get the G5 or G5+. Though redmi note 4 has better ram,storage options available, it lacks most USA 4G bands has a hybrid sim card slot and most probably won't get anything higher than Nougat 7.0 officially (dev support is another thing). MIUI is crap anyway.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ideal size is 5inch or 5.2inch
For 1hand operation it's best.
For larger hands 5.5inch is good.

OP
R

ranaprathap

Broken In
There are no good compact phones in your budget. Most phones are either 5.5" or more.

Xperia X has huge-ass bezels and is priced at more than twice at what it should be.

Get the G5 or G5+. Though redmi note 4 has better ram,storage options available, it lacks most USA 4G bands has a hybrid sim card slot and most probably won't get anything higher than Nougat 7.0 officially (dev support is another thing). MIUI is crap anyway.

I am considering G5+ assuming I will be able to get my hands on a model when the sale opens tomorrow.

That said, will my options improve if I expand my budget? Are there any better options for me at budgets outside what I have mentioned?

Thanks for the help.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I am considering G5+ assuming I will be able to get my hands on a model when the sale opens tomorrow.

That said, will my options improve if I expand my budget? Are there any better options for me at budgets outside what I have mentioned?

Thanks for the help.

For compact phones, nah. Sony went full retard with pricing.
Other sub 5" phones are either under-powered, old or from crapple.

Blame the OEMs, you'll have to stick with 5-5.5" for now.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
For compact phones, nah. Sony went full retard with pricing.
Other sub 5" phones are either under-powered, old or from crapple.

Blame the OEMs, you'll have to stick with 5-5.5" for now.
Sony phones nowadays does not have enough juice even to last 1 day and they are very costly also compared with other brands.

I think Moto G5 Plus or Redmi Note 4.

OP
R

ranaprathap

Broken In
The Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 also seems like a nice option for me. Any comments on that? It is available for 20,500 if I buy from UAE

OP
R

ranaprathap

Broken In
If you are buying a samsung phone, either get a flagship (S and Note series) or don't buy it at all.

Can you explain? I am intrigued.

A friend of mine is using A5 since last 2 years and he says it is working perfectly.

The A5 2017 is spec wise everything I am looking for, and I am looking for good reasons to not buy it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can you explain? I am intrigued.

A friend of mine is using A5 since last 2 years and he says it is working perfectly.

The A5 2017 is spec wise everything I am looking for, and I am looking for good reasons to not buy it.

Others (moto, xiaomi, lenovo) have better specs for lesser price. Maybe not the amoled panel but as far as overall UX is, I'd pick a phone with near-to-stock android ui over any brand.

Top Bottom