Fire Lord
1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?
Size : 5" and above

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
BAR

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Nexus, Moto

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
TOUCH

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
13MP

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
ANDROID ONLY

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
--

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
--
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
This is a gift for my sister. So she will be using whatsapp mostly and music.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Nexus 5, Moto X(2nd gen)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get the 32GB Moto X. Rumor is an updated Nexus 5 is suppose to appear when final version of Android M gets released but if your sister isn't a power user, it won't make any difference. Nexus 5 is quite a bit old so better to avoid it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML (Silver, With 4 GB RAM, With 2.3 GHz Processor, With 64 GB) -22,999.

Link:Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Silver 64 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

Moto X 2nd gen 32GB

If she is fine with 5.5" devices, get Oneplus Two

Or you can check Z3 Compact too @ 27k, which I personally think she would like...
Spec sheet doesn't matter to a girl.... They just need a phone which doesn't lag n has good camera

Other options:
HTC Desire 826, it has good selfie camera but battery life is average (about same as Moto X 2nd gen)

Last edited:
OP
Sudh4r

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
get the 32GB Moto X. Rumor is an updated Nexus 5 is suppose to appear when final version of Android M gets released but if your sister isn't a power user, it won't make any difference. Nexus 5 is quite a bit old so better to avoid it.

Updated N5 will be available only around Oct end, I think. She ain't a power user but I have to gift her sth good for personal reasons :)
And what will be the price of Moto X 3rd gen ? The battery looks good.

+1 to Moto X2. Or you can get Oneplus One if 32 GB in Moto X is less.

32 GB will be more than suffice for her.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Updated N5 will be available only around Oct end, I think. She ain't a power user but I have to gift her sth good for personal reasons :)
And what will be the price of Moto X 3rd gen ? The battery looks good.

actually battery is a step down from 1st gen but should last a day thanks to AMOLED display. also camera is not of same class as competition. Overall its a complete package with the above mentioned trade offs.

OnePlus One offers much more VFM but lets be frank. That's a relatively unknown name for a majority of the people.

OP
Sudh4r

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ Yeah for most of the ppl. One + design is not that appealing to me. So preferably Moto X2 then :)

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are going to go for Moto X 2nd gen make sure to get a good rugged case...the screen replacement is quite costly on Moto X.My friend's Moto X screen cracked from a fall of hardly 1ft.

If you are going to go for Moto X 2nd gen make sure to get a good rugged case...the screen replacement is quite costly on Moto X.My friend's Moto X screen cracked from a fall of hardly 1ft.

18k for screen replacement, as said by one of friend who recently broke his screen

I wonder if it is because it's a AMOLED display? The whites are bit yellowish on it though.

AMOLEDs in Samsung are best in terms of colour accuracy S5 onwards (S6's screen is very good, can be considered better than IPS LCDs)

My friend broke his S4's screen & Samsung charged 8k only (4 months ago)
Moto is charging too much

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
AMOLEDs in Samsung are best in terms of colour accuracy S5 onwards (S6's screen is very good, can be considered better than IPS LCDs)

My friend broke his S4's screen & Samsung charged 8k only (4 months ago)
Moto is charging too much

I had a look at the S6 screen.I loved it.

Top Bottom