Android phone for ~22k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^ too bad i own one as my secondary device and consider it one of the only androids worth buying
your opinion on its build quality also shows that you dont understand build quality
I have pointed out your stupidity on an earlier post, you really want me to do that again? Cause if I keep quoting your earlier posts then it's just about time that no one will even read whatever blabbering comes from that user ID of yours.

Besides even if I say that Nexus 5 is a garbage phone (other than software it IS, and that's FACT) you should not say anything. Cause you stupid loads are dragging people in the wrong corner for a pretty long period now, unfortunate for you that I am here now.

Now best of luck :thumbs:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^Do you even read your posts,since when is Nexus 5 bad?too bad you just can never agree with anyones point of view and want to just disagree with 2-3 people including me in the forums
you are epic,one day samsung gs5 is the best phone ever,one day Nexus 5 is inferior to every other phone in your view
keep going man , keep going,i dont care ,i posted my honest opinion,which most others will agree to im 1000% sure
your opinion isnt my concern,its a public forum ,anyone can post their views but you just want to post hate and disagree with 2-3 people for god knows what reason
you dont like my views,keep it to yourself,i dont care about your views on my posts

the op can buy whichever phone he wants

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nexus 5 is my primary phone. Build quality of Nexus 5 isn't top notch, but it isn't bad either. Feels better than SGS4 if you hold it. Early batches of Nexsus 5 did have issues though.

I'm not a fan of slim and light phones. I use the official bumper and that gives me a solid feel.

What's in a phone other than software anyway? Even the damn SGS5 lags and SGS4's build-quality wasn't great either. The only time TouchWiz was good was in the Gingerbread/early SGS2 era. Now it just feels like unnecessary and overly done make-up.

Nexus 5 is Chitrangada Singh. You can prefer Scarlett Johansson or Bar Rafaeli, but I prefer Chitrangada Singh. ;)

Hi guys

As per my previous comments I am interested in buying lenovo vibe z for around 20000
coz its the only phone with snapdragon 800 processor and full hd display(1080p) and with a very nice 13 mp camera
but to my bad luck vibe series is not available on shops and they say I have to buy it online only so was unable to have a hand on experience with it, does any one out there has a lenovo vibe z and could give me an honest opinion on that

thanks in advance.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hi guys

As per my previous comments I am interested in buying lenovo vibe z for around 20000
coz its the only phone with snapdragon 800 processor and full hd display(1080p) and with a very nice 13 mp camera
but to my bad luck vibe series is not available on shops and they say I have to buy it online only so was unable to have a hand on experience with it, does any one out there has a lenovo vibe z and could give me an honest opinion on that

thanks in advance.

I dont know many people who have one but one of my classmates just ordered one
I suggest you check out reviews on youtube as much as possible and see "grey" market shops to see if they have them
from what ive seen,shops like that such as Alfa in Mumbai always have all such phones including "amazon/flipkart exclusive" ones because they get them from US from time to time

- - - Updated - - -

Nexus 5 is my primary phone. Build quality of Nexus 5 isn't top notch, but it isn't bad either. Feels better than SGS4 if you hold it. Early batches of Nexsus 5 did have issues though.

I'm not a fan of slim and light phones. I use the official bumper and that gives me a solid feel.

What's in a phone other than software anyway? Even the damn SGS5 lags and SGS4's build-quality wasn't great either. The only time TouchWiz was good was in the Gingerbread/early SGS2 era. Now it just feels like unnecessary and overly done make-up.

Nexus 5 is Chitrangada Singh. You can prefer Scarlett Johansson or Bar Rafaeli, but I prefer Chitrangada Singh. ;)

Very true!! thanks for this explanation! :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What's in a phone other than software anyway?
It's that unimportant thing where your anyway software runs on.

Are you high? Cause if you are then please send me whatever it is you are having, seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

keep going man , keep going,i dont care ,i posted my honest opinion,which most others will agree to im 1000% sure
So why did you bother to ask me at first place to define better when I said VZ is better than N5? You care, cause you are getting butthurt, as simple as that.
And yes, most others will agree for sure, but they all have to be twisted maniac clone of yours :lol:
your opinion isnt my concern,its a public forum ,anyone can post their views but you just want to post hate and disagree with 2-3 people for god knows what reason
you dont like my views,keep it to yourself,i dont care about your views on my posts
This is not your post kid, this is OP's post. I can come here and say whatever I want. You should keep your damn fingers quiet.
the op can buy whichever phone he wants
Course, your hard effort didn't do any good now did it?

- - - Updated - - -

hi mate

how was your impression of your friends lenvo plz share.
He does not have any friend or anyone with that phone I can almost guarantee. Just go by his previous posts, he claimed that he had owned almost every phone ( Samsung, Sony, hTC and now he is passing the Lenovo section his friends :lol: ) and didn't like anything except his cheap ass Nexus 5 :facepalm:

This is particularly what bothers me. He will come back after a day or two and say things like you know my friend is not happy with the phone and state some fake problems of the phone and push you to Nexus 5 :ROFL: (But he will see this post, so that might not happen after all).

He is a cheat, liar, spammer and what not, and more importantly he doesn't have a life. Well I feel for him, but still I can't let him drag the newcomers to a place where they should not be.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^
whats your problem man?!
follow forum rules instead of replying to all my posts,like i said,its a public forum,
i posted my opinion and so did the others ,everyones entitled to their opinion
you can keep your views on my opinion to yourself,i dont care,the op can decide for himself based on everyones opinion

also no need to be so rude to ico his post made alot of sense and will help the op better,
he is quite right-software does matter most,you can have the best hardware but without a proper rom,it would be useless,look at touchwiz itself-samsungs arent soo bad also but the software is what brings it down totally

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't have any problem. I am well inside RULES. You are NOT. Spamming is not a rule here, nor is lying. The people here don't have that much time, otherwise they would have figured out already that how poor of liar you are.

It's not me who had asked someone to define something. Heck I can't even see your posts unless I am on Tapatalk.

So get your facts straight before ranting on further. And whatever I said to ico (or anyone) is not your business either, unless you two are same.

PS : And stop with that I don't care thing, you do care as I said, otherwise you would not be replying. More you try to emphasize on that care thing it's getting :lol: :rofl:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I don't have any problem. I am well inside RULES. You are NOT. Spamming is not a rule here, nor is lying. The people here don't have that much time, otherwise they would have figured out already that how poor of liar you are.

It's not me who had asked someone to define something. Heck I can't even see your posts unless I am on Tapatalk.

So get your facts straight before ranting on further. And whatever I said to ico (or anyone) is not your business either, unless you two are same.

PS : And stop with that I don't care thing, you do care as I said, otherwise you would not be replying. More you try to emphasize on that care thing it's getting :lol: :rofl:

what is your issue? why do you take the trouble to post nonsense about 3-4 users such as me in the forums? if you have a geniune concern/reply to the topic at hand,you should reply,otherwise you can keep such nonsense to yourself

pls stay on topic instead of trying to insult(?) a few people

- - - Updated - - -

any update guys..

Plz help any advice appreciated.

I think you should get a hands on of each phone first,follow your preferences and i think you will be fine with any of the mentioned phones :)
my friend cancelled his order of lenovo ,he decided to buy the One Plus One and is selling his Nexus 4
he just got hold of an invite sorry i couldnt tell you more about the lenovo :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
what is your issue? why do you take the trouble to post nonsense about 3-4 users such as me in the forums? if you have a geniune concern/reply to the topic at hand,you should reply,otherwise you can keep such nonsense to yourself

pls stay on topic instead of trying to insult(?) a few people
it's you who didn't stay ON topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
dont :troll: ........
stay on topic or dont post
Says the user who had posted '+10000' at least a dozen times.

Oh, the irony, I can't take it any more :p
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]: You deleted your post! You asked me what to do with me and that other user right?
Well about the former confusion of yours, i.e. what to do with me, it's rather simple. You can go back a page and read my comment, that I said VZ is better than such and such phones, and then look at the next post. I don't get to answer to anyone here, I'm entitled to my opinion right? So? Did I start it?
And then you can additionally check last few posts (as many as you want actually, if you've the time) and see how many times I have trolled/spammed here, and then compare it with that other user by seeing that user's last few posts. Just one thing I don't allow my fingers just to work on some hatred speech, which needless to say is utter dumb, or spam with the same message over and over again.
If you think I started it you can do whatever you want. If you think I did something wrong you can do whatever you want.
And now about latter part confusion of yours, i.e. what to do with that other user, well I don't really know, I don't care, it's none of my business.
And one more thing, I'm really TIRED.

:|

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^stop manipulating and trolling
for proof,we just need to see your posts this week,all youve done this week is post quote people like me,ico,saiyangoku etc and post some random nonsense to insult or mislead or off topic
are you fine in the head? what is your issue? why the nonsensical posts?
you used to have decent stuff to post and help other users now you have started trolling

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Says the user who had posted '+10000' at least a dozen times.

Oh, the irony, I can't take it any more :p
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]: You deleted your post! You asked me what to do with me and that other user right?
Well about the former confusion of yours, i.e. what to do with me, it's rather simple. You can go back a page and read my comment, that I said VZ is better than such and such phones, and then look at the next post. I don't get to answer to anyone here, I'm entitled to my opinion right? So? Did I start it?
And then you can additionally check last few posts (as many as you want actually, if you've the time) and see how many times I have trolled/spammed here, and then compare it with that other user by seeing that user's last few posts. Just one thing I don't allow my fingers just to work on some hatred speech, which needless to say is utter dumb, or spam with the same message over and over again.
If you think I started it you can do whatever you want. If you think I did something wrong you can do whatever you want.
And now about latter part confusion of yours, i.e. what to do with that other user, well I don't really know, I don't care, it's none of my business.
And one more thing, I'm really TIRED.

:|
yeah, I deleted it. Because I started a thread for that in Chit-Chat section.

I seriously don't know what to do. I'm letting the people decide from now on. Please don't continue here. Let this thread remain only for the OP who needs help.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
This is my first post in a very long time but as a survivor of the original forum war generation, let me share my opinion.

None of the phones in the discussion are bad. Let me tackle each of the reasonings for calling a phone 'bad'.

1) Build quality: It's ridiculous to say that a company hasn't put sufficient effort in making a ~$400 phone. Unless you're nitpicking like David, from teh Verge, comments like 'the texture is bad', 'feels plasticky', etc. shouldn't be a deal breaker. Sure, one must make sure the after sales service is good and that should be the only concern as far as 'build quality' for a $400 phone goes. I consider A.S.S. as an implicit guarantee if you buy a local phone with bill, so don't buy any phone that has a bothersome reputation.

2) Software: If the user is uncomfortable with flashing experimental ROMs all the time, I would recommend phones with good OTA support. Devs always want to play with the next shiny toy and hence, being on the most current OS ensures you get to use all the crazy mods. But, if the end user is never going beyond the popular app/games catalog, a good performing phone with a hardware matching its price should be enough, imo.

Ultimately, one must not compromise on 'must have' features, and hope the cons will not become dealbreakers quickly. Dev support is one way people overcome the hardware limitations to some extent. Must have features can be - removable battery, large capacity stock battery, sharp display, better than average camera, dev support, ota support, etc.

PS: I own a SGS 3 and have been using custom ROMs from day 1. My phone does a good enough job of lasting 7 hours, while running all the crazy mods and my essential apps. I still am a desktop nerd and prefer the desktop experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom