Android Phone around 20 K

pgcp

Right off the assembly line
Need help buying an android phone for around 20 K.
My first choice would have been the ONE PLUS ONE but i m buying for a not so tech savvy person.

Was looking at :-

1) HTC 820 S

2) MOTO X2

3) Samsung Galaxy S4 (considering its price drop & the fact that it was a flagship once. Would it be beneficial to bu such an old phone at this time ??)

4) Samsung galaxy E7 (Is it better then the samsung S4 ? )

Feel free to add other phones if better than the above mentioned ones.

The phone will be used for atleast 3 years !!

P.S. Please infer your suggestions if possible

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=313213]pgcp[/MENTION]

It will be helpful if you fill the below questionnaire, will get better replies

1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
3. Dual sim?
4. Preferred choice of brand?
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
10. Any other info that you want to share

OP
P

pgcp

1. Budget? Around 20
2. Display type and size? >5"
3. Dual sim?
4. Preferred choice of brand?
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? good camera | flash + front facing
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? general usage + casual gaming + camera
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
10. Any other info that you want to share

1) HTC 820 S

2) MOTO X2

3) Samsung Galaxy S4 (considering its price drop & the fact that it was a flagship once. Would it be beneficial to bu such an old phone at this time ??)

Need help buying an android phone for around 20 K.
My first choice would have been the ONE PLUS ONE but i m buying for a not so tech savvy person.

1) HTC 820 S

2) MOTO X2

Please do fill the questionnaire.........

Some of the phones which you mentioned are dual SIM, so we would like to know the requirements before suggesting anything..........

Anyways, for single SIM devices, Oneplus one & Moto X2 have great hardware(i don't know how you are getting X2 at around 20k, but 16GB is not enough nowadays, 2 years ago it was fine). Of the two Oneplus one is better, you can get 64GB version @ 22k........ As far as S4 is concerned, it is better than E7 in every respect (except dual sim option).... If you really want a phone from good brand, get S4 (although its processing power is inferior to oneplus one, still its screen is better + its Samsung)

For dual SIM devices, look at zenfone 2 & for branded one HTC Desire 820(not the s version)

Zenfone 2 also has a brand, its called Asus.

ASUS is relatively new to phones in India....... Brand conscious people tend to stick to Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia, LG & Moto too because they have been making mobiles for a long time & have faith in them that their phones are reliable.... When spending 20k, many people don't like to buy phones from lesser known & new companies

the.one

In the zone
ASUS is relatively new to phones in India....... Brand conscious people tend to stick to Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia, LG & Moto too because they have been making mobiles for a long time & have faith in them that their phones are reliable.... When spending 20k, many people don't like to buy phones from lesser known & new companies

Rite.. cant take risk on high budgets.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
820S: Won't suggest phone with mediatek SoC.
MOTO X2: How are you getting it at 20K?
Samsung Galaxy S4: Was flagship but wasn't the best even at the time of launch. Ignore it.
Samsung galaxy E7: Has specifications of an entry level 10k phone. Not worth considering.

ONE PLUS ONE: Good phone at the time of its launch, but there are better phones out there.

Get Zenfone 2.

OP
P

pgcp

Please do fill the questionnaire.........

Some of the phones which you mentioned are dual SIM, so we would like to know the requirements before suggesting anything..........

Anyways, for single SIM devices, Oneplus one & Moto X2 have great hardware(i don't know how you are getting X2 at around 20k, but 16GB is not enough nowadays, 2 years ago it was fine). Of the two Oneplus one is better, you can get 64GB version @ 22k........ As far as S4 is concerned, it is better than E7 in every respect (except dual sim option).... If you really want a phone from good brand, get S4 (although its processing power is inferior to oneplus one, still its screen is better + its Samsung)

For dual SIM devices, look at zenfone 2 & for branded one HTC Desire 820(not the s version)

The budget can go upto 25 k
I can get Moto x2 for 22.5 K using 10% cb offer from flipkart
Why is HTC 820 S not a good choice?
Please suggest best branded devices in the 18-25 k range...

- - - Updated - - -

Go with any of these two options
1. Zenphone 2 4gb variant
2. Oneplus one

Oneplus one would have been my choice but as i am buying for someone else can you please suggest best phone (more known brand)in the 18- 25 K range.
both singl & dual sim

- - - Updated - - -

A good battery life is also a major concern.

Last edited:
Moto X 2nd gen is good but it has just 16gb storage(you will get 13gb) with no sd card option & its battery life is average...Remember that

HTC Desire 826 is good for a dual SIM device
HTC Desire 826 vs Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

- - - Updated - - -

Moto X 2nd gen is good but it has just 16gb storage(you will get 13gb) with no sd card option & its battery life is average...Remember that

HTC Desire 826 is good for a dual SIM device
HTC Desire 826 vs Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

I personally think zenfone 2 might have better battery life than 826, but still do check reviews of both

Top Bottom