Android or Windows mobile?

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
If your cousin is an average user, I will definitely recommend him Samsung Focus.

Its her..

May be useful, ........Read slowly:

" There was an era when Microsoft was regarded as the king of operating systems, whether it be computers or smartphones. Well, times have changed and so has the market. Microsoft faced severe competition from the other players in the market. First, Nokia took out the Symbian, then Apple launched the iOS and finally, the Google Android came and revolutionized the smartphone market.

Microsoft plans to bounce back with its new operating system, the Mango. But will it serve as a worthy adversary to the ever expanding Android market? That remains to be seen.

The Mango is a Windows 7.5 OS, an update to the previous Windows 7 platform, while the Ice Cream Sandwich is an update to the immensely popular Gingerbread and Honeycomb operating systems created by Google. The effectiveness of the Mango will actually depend on what Google is planning with the Ice Cream Sandwich. Lets take a look at the Ice Cream Sandwich first.

The Ice Cream Sandwich belongs to a lineage of operating systems such as the Froyo and the Gingerbread. Both, despite their popularity have been criticized for their drawbacks. The Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, Google maintains will be a more enhanced platform, picking up where they left off.

The operating system is equipped with the advantages of a much-improved API system for better graphics and USB support, a feature that has never been included in any operating system so far. But the best update with this system is undoubtedly that Google plans to link the consumer directly with it.

So, one no longer needs to wait for the device manufacturer to update the device. One can easily do it themselves. Also, Google has stated that all Android devices would be upgradeable to the Ice Cream operating system, spelling good news for the already existing customers. The Ice Cream sandwich is also a more secure platform than the previous ones. Google has left no stone unturned with the Ice Cream Sandwich OS.

On the other hand, the Mango OS has met standards by achieving everything that was expected of it. It is armed with 500 new and exciting features, along with an improved social media interface. The Mango is Microsoft's ticket to gaining lost ground in the OS market. One of the most important features is its user friendliness. Using the Mango OS, one can easily navigate from app to app, by simply holding the back key down.

The real battleground, although is the apps. While Google has an enriched platform equipped with all the Google goodies - Maps, docs and more, the Mango will have an added advantage with signature Microsoft apps such as Quickoffice.

My final take on this would be that although the Mango OS is undeniably going to be grand, Microsoft might not still have enough dough to weaken Android's hold over the market. "

source: Ice Cream Sandwich v/s Mango - Which serves as a better diet for your mobile phone system? - Know Your Mobile India

OK....OK....OK....Don't ask me!

I'm already confusedddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

Thanks for the write-up, was very helpful..

sygeek

Technomancer
^^Why wats wrong with Bluetooth in Windows mobile?
You can not transfer files via bluetooth. Other than that, everything else is possible.

This may look like a limitation, but practically, I don't know if anyone still uses bluetooth actively for file transfer purposes. If you do, good luck with the patience :)

It's Windows Phone btw. Windows mobile is legacy.

Kvishal

In the zone
I remember watching review of Mango on one Tech site on one of the TV Chanels and they said it is cool, and refreshing with a pleasant change with the way the UI was and the way the entire user experience was, still early days for Mango but reports so far are not bad...Looks Promising !

Top Bottom