Android: Moving WhatsApp Media folder to SD card

wwwescape

Journeyman
Hi,

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 running on Android Lollipop with 32GB SD card. What is the best way to move the WhatsApp Media folder to the SD card. I've tried using FolderMount but any new media that gets sent to WhatsApp doesn't get saved to my device anymore. I can see the thumbnails but when I click on the thumbnails the images can't be found.

Please could anyone suggest the best way to achieve this?

Thanks.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Hi,

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 running on Android Lollipop with 32GB SD card. What is the best way to move the WhatsApp Media folder to the SD card. I've tried using FolderMount but any new media that gets sent to WhatsApp doesn't get saved to my device anymore. I can see the thumbnails but when I click on the thumbnails the images can't be found.

Please could anyone suggest the best way to achieve this?

Thanks.
I have not tried FolderMount with WhatsApp because I am sure to fill up even my SD card soon if I do that.

But theoretically it should work. Are you sure you are getting your folder pairing correct?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
There is a strategy to move WhatsApp to SD card in Android. Also, it truly works.rooting is not needed Here is the link source:How To Move WhatsApp to SD Card Without Rootin

OP asked for moving the Whatsapp media files to SD card and not the whatsapp app itself.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are rooted, try the Xposed Module - XinternalSD. Using this Module, you can set any app to save its content to SD card, just select them in the app list and you are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom