ANDROID KILLING Console/PC

Prashmith

Journeyman
With the launch of Nvidia Shield TabLet with TEGRA K1
and trine 2 and other Console games coming to Android IT kills Xbox 360 AND PS3 AND WITH 192 KEPLER CORES

*i.imgur.com/3XRkt4v.jpg
*i.imgur.com/SnGKMF4.jpg
*i.imgur.com/JELMk3p.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ksxy3wz.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ukt0ips.jpg

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
nah there are some kinds of games that are good for touchscreens
tower defense is best example
mobile games are sharing shelf space with made for pc or console titles since a long time now
another good thing mobile games are doing is reviving old pc and console titles from all eras and giving them new life. Doom, PoP, Carmageddon, Re-Volt, GTA, Bioshock, KOTOR are examples...
Babylonian Twins was originally made for Amiga, but was in development hell and never released, Mobile allowed the title to flourish
world of goo got better critical ratings on touchscreens years after releasing on PC and Wii

so it is terribly unfair to say "mobile gaming is :censored:"

at same time saying it is "killing" console and PC is also too hopeful

$hadow

Geek in making
Ain't going to happen. Consoles gaming is going to get strong where as mobile gaming is now started to reach its saturation

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think it would be killing PC or Consoles anytime soon. But it could take portable gaming to the next level.

Heating and power could be an issue though.

saifraza.khan.1

HOUDINI SPLICER
sure mobile gaming is gaining traction but if you are keeping up with the news you will see while pc sales growth are overall stagnant but gaming pc and parts are seeing year on year improvements which show no signs of declining.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
it's great that there are games for keyboard+mouse, touchscreens, controllers and motion controllers
each is unique and best for some kinds of games that use those best

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, dont take him seriously. He is a serious android enthusiast with other posts like these.

*www.digit.in/forum/fight-club/183801-android-pwrd-pc-vs-windows-mac.html?highlight=
*www.digit.in/forum/mobile-games/160730-gaming-android-vs-ios-3.html#post2108995

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^nobody told square enix that

you guys are thinking about titles ported from pc / console to mobiles.

steam/ windows store / xbox store all have titles that originated on touchscreens

how difficult is it to accept that touchscreens are a great medium for different types of games, that are as valid as "games" as any other platform

DVJex

In the zone
The 360 and PS3 were released years ago and DX 9 was the best then. And besides PS3 does not use DX it uses openGL.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If you guys watch the valve documentary about the steam controller, they raised some excellent points regarding what makes gaming on a touchscreen worse than a controller..
Its all dependent upon actual feedback you recieve on your fingers, which includes muscle memory that is really really essential for hardcore gaming and an enjoyable experience.

ANyway, im not against mobile gaming.. i too enjoy dem..
PS: Any patapon fans here ? :D

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
If you guys watch the valve documentary about the steam controller, they raised some excellent points regarding what makes gaming on a touchscreen worse than a controller..
Its all dependent upon actual feedback you recieve on your fingers, which includes muscle memory that is really really essential for hardcore gaming and an enjoyable experience.

ANyway, im not against mobile gaming.. i too enjoy dem..
PS: Any patapon fans here ? :D

PATAPON OP!(on PSP)
PATA PATA PATA PON!

- - - Updated - - -

With TEGRA K1, Now I can play Candy Crush with awesome and HD graphics:p

We'll able to play in 4k resolution with 8xMSAA. :lol:

Top Bottom