Android for cousin. Budget 15k. Advices?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
My cousin wanna buy an Android device, his budget is 15k. And the good (or bad?) thing is he has kinda third class taste. So he'll buy those garbage brands too, throw in Micromax and all those, even he was saying something about Lemon or something, anyway....
He is one of them who only sees specs, so keep in mind that too.
Kindly advice, from both cheap point of view, which will include crap brands, and from standard point of view, which will exclude crap brands.

Thanks.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get Gionee E3 for your information Gionee is not crappy brand it too has lots of service centers and they do have their R&D centers or he may go for Xperia L.

ankush28

Bazinga
Get Motorola MOTO G ;)
Best you can get SPEC wise..(Easily compete with nexus 4, galaxy S3 in internals) 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 QuadCore, 1GB ram, 2070mah battery(54H gsmbench),
Great screen...Corning Gorilla 3, 720p, 4.5"
Android KitKat 4.4( no other phone in 15k has this)
5MP camera (not top end but does the job)
Quality of MOTOROLA:p

Two cons:
Non-user accesable battery
No SD card slot(only 8 &16GB variants with 5.5 and 13GB user available memory respectively)

Last edited:

sushovan

In the zone
Moto G is the best performer under 20K but Until Google officially launches it here in January there is no assurance that will be priced in 15K Range ( Google can pull out a nexus 4 and overprice it, who knows? :-?).

Till then have a look at Huawei G700. ( Your specs lover friend will like this as it has 2 GB RAM which isnt seen on any other phone in its price range).

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay guys, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'll pass the information to him.
I have a friend selling a S3 at 15k. I asked him if he wants that, but as I said good things aren't for everybody, so maybe that Ginee phone will be better for him. Moto G is not released yet, so I am excluding that from the list.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
tell him to wait for Moto G. if you are worried about the storage space, then you can expand it using USB OTG which is enabled by default. its hardly a month remaining for Moto G's launch. I was going to buy Xperia L in Diwali but since I heard about Moto G, I planned to get it as soon as it launches. :)

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Get Motorola MOTO G ;)
Best you can get SPEC wise..(Easily compete with nexus 4, galaxy S3 in internals) 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 QuadCore, 1GB ram, 2070mah battery(54H gsmbench),

Two cons:
No SD card slot(only 8 &16GB variants with 5.5 and 13GB user available memory respectively)

Since when does Snapdragon 400 compete with Snapdragon 600?
get your facts straight.

at 15k price point Moto G is a contender for your consideration, but Motorola has closed up shop in India quite some time ago so service might be a problem.
You could consider Xperia L, it has great developer support, lesser quality screen, dual core, but you'll get warranty and service.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
get your facts straight.

at 15k price point Moto G is a contender for your consideration, but Motorola has closed up shop in India quite some time ago so service might be a problem.
You could consider Xperia L, it has great developer support, lesser quality screen, dual core, but you'll get warranty and service.

1. Motorola Moto G beats Nexus 4 in AnTuTu - GSMArena Blog

2. If a company launches a product, then it will provide service too. :deadbored:

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, whatever CPU it runs on, I bet he doesn't know a difference between first gen Pentium 4 and Haswell, let alone mobile CPU market.

ankush28

Bazinga
2. If a company launches a product, then it will provide service too. :deadbored:
this....

those days are gone... when we can simply call that i3 will perform better then pentium :p
this is all because of Optimization.
Check AnTuTu again you will find the moto G just *few* points behind S3 and I am damm sure after 4.4 update S3 too will be behind moto g.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Please don't compare phones depending on those crappy benchmark apps, Antutu, Quadrant and all those nonsense. Also I believe all the brands cheat nowadays, Samsung was so dumb that their touchwiz DVFS was caught very easily, I believe that Moto G has some done some tricks too.
I have seen 9k on my S4, the next Antutu test gave me 26k. Sorry, good bye crappy benchmark apps.

Get Motorola MOTO G ;)

It can't beat N4
Moto G isn't available officially yet, so the imported ones have android 4.3

Still N4 has Adreno 320 GPU compared to 305 of Moto G, which is clearly better for gaming......

Moreover N4 has 2GB RAM compared to 1GB RAM of Moto G..... So, don't compare G with N4 which is priced higher as well as has better specs.....
Moto G is a great phone for its price. 16GB version is a great buy for 17k (currently some website is importing it)

elafanto

Journeyman
Get Motorola MOTO G ;)

Two cons:

Moto is the first company to introduce 6 Sigma standard
I own Moto Atrix 2, since one year. No visible scratch neither on screen nor on back, even I use it roughly where my friends 3 months old Micromax HD got some HD scratches :-D visible even after flip cover. Hats off Quality of MOTO. ASS is a problem but, probably you wont need it.
In terms of marketing they are far behind from Sammy, Nokia and Sony but they have good quality product with reasonable price.
You can say I am a MOTO fanboy now. If they have unlocked boot-loader, it will rock.

Edit: They got good support on XDA too

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
I am going to mad by thinking which one to buy
Xperia M has heat issues
Xperia L has low ppi value and out of my budget
I dont wana go for cheap indian brands.
Now Moto G has non removal battery. :censored::banghead:

ashs1

Padawan
Xperia L's screen is not that bad..imo, among those three ( M,L & moto G ), i'd say go for L if you're impatient( its easily available around 15k ). If you can wait, moto G will be more sensible. Xperia M is not in this league.

dude1

Journeyman
My cousin wanna buy an Android device, his budget is 15k. And the good (or bad?) thing is he has kinda third class taste. So he'll buy those garbage brands too, throw in Micromax and all those, even he was saying something about Lemon or something, anyway....
He is one of them who only sees specs, so keep in mind that too.
Kindly advice, from both cheap point of view, which will include crap brands, and from standard point of view, which will exclude crap brands.

Thanks.

From standard point of view, waiting for Moto G is the best option. Getting xperia L now is also good. From just spec sheet point of view Lenovo S820 is also good & lenovo has more service centers than the local brands. Also he can consider Canvas magnus if thats okay with him.

Top Bottom