Android Between 35k to 40k

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
S4 more features and flexibility than HTC One

As well all know when we compare S4 and One in terms of looks then One wins undoubtedly.
S4 and One are same specs wise.
Now if anyone is spending 40k in a device then that should give a premium look and feel, and HTC One deos that while S4 doesn't.
So I hope now the point is clear.HTC One it is.

If you pay for premium feel your sacrificing tons of features,a microSD card slot,a removable battery and jellybean 4.2

aroraanant

Explorer
Micro SD card and removable battery thing hardly matters, even iphones don't have that.
And about the Jellybean 4.2, One will soon get the update.
And if we talk about features how can you forget about Blinkfeed, Boomsound and the amazing Zoe feature.

Micro SD card slot matters, really........its a nice addition like bluetooth file transfer(which iPhone doesn't have).

Removable battery can be neglected but those people who travel most of the time like to keep an extra battery, for them its useful. So I hope atleast Samsung doesn't remove these features from its upcoming flagships (atleast keep SD slot)

aroraanant

Explorer
Micro SD card slot matters, really.
Yaar I really don't think that this thing matters, I have used my Incredible S for 2yrs and never ever took the card out for some other use.Mass storage option is there and it is the best way to connect to a computer.
And bluetooth file transfer thing is not at all related to this Micro SD card thing.
And if talk about travelers then these days power banks are better option than carrying an extra battery.

ankushkool

Youngling
To each his own. I have used 3 HTC devices now and I can defintely tell that Samsung quality is much better than HTC anyday. I had to change 3 HTC devices in 2 years due to bad hardware.

HTC One doesn't match S4 feature-wise or hardware specs when compared to S4. S4 is simply the superior of the two.

Also the camera of HTC One is nothing to write about. See the reviews in GSMArena to understand what I'm talking about.

Either you were extremely unlucky or you are lying! Send us the pics of the phones you have used!

I can send you pics of HTC Desire and Galaxy S both bought 2 years back. The plastic body of samsung cant even withstand normal daily wear n tear leave alone drops n bumps! Same is with all samsung phones! even S4

And HTC One Low light camera makes total sense as phones are not used for professional photography where you will get proper lighting but for casual photography which mostly includes indoor shooting or shooting in evenings and night!

Check this: Page 2: Low light shooting: Galaxy S4 vs HTC One vs iPhone 5 vs Lumia 928 | Apple | Geek.com

Micro SD card and removable battery thing hardly matters, even iphones don't have that.
And about the Jellybean 4.2, One will soon get the update.
And if we talk about features how can you forget about Blinkfeed, Boomsound and the amazing Zoe feature.

I roommate has One and i can tell you that Zoe is a feature that is actually useful and you will fall in love with! Better then all useless waving swinging dancing features of S4! :D

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Either you were extremely unlucky or you are lying! Send us the pics of the phones you have used!

I can send you pics of HTC Desire and Galaxy S both bought 2 years back. The plastic body of samsung cant even withstand normal daily wear n tear leave alone drops n bumps! Same is with all samsung phones! even S4

And HTC One Low light camera makes total sense as phones are not used for professional photography where you will get proper lighting but for casual photography which mostly includes indoor shooting or shooting in evenings and night!

Check this: Page 2: Low light shooting: Galaxy S4 vs HTC One vs iPhone 5 vs Lumia 928 | Apple | Geek.com

I roommate has One and i can tell you that Zoe is a feature that is actually useful and you will fall in love with! Better then all useless waving swinging dancing features of S4! :D

I might say you're lying too! Please stop such childish behavior. It helps no one. I write my opinion, and if you do not agree to my post, so be it. But saying that I'm lying is plain stupidity.

Yes, I can collect all the 3 HTC phones that I used before. They might be lying somewhere in my house. I might collect them and take some snaps to prove that I'm not lying. How will that help anyone? My HTC Sensation's volume rocker fell down for the second time, and for this reason I bought a new nexus 4. Prior to that I have used Desire HD and Wildfire. It's not worth spending 15 minutes of my free time at home to search for old phones just to prove my point. If you don't believe me, so be it.

@OP: Sorry for deviating from the topic. I had to write this since the previous poster called me a 'liar'.

ankushkool

Youngling
Yes, I can collect all the 3 HTC phones that I used before. They might be lying somewhere in my house.

Please do...

And why did you choose the 'lying' option, you could have even considered the option where i said you were 'unlucky' :)
And this is related to topic as its about built quality of HTC vs Samsung which cant even be debated on!

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Please do...

And why did you choose the 'lying' option, you could have even considered the option where i said you were 'unlucky' :)
And this is related to topic as its about built quality of HTC vs Samsung which cant even be debated on!

Gosh...Only if people read the complete post before replying....Maybe you have enough free time in your home, but I don't. That's why I had clearly mentioned "It's not worth spending 15 minutes of my free time at home to search for old phones just to prove my point". Please read the above post.

To understand the build quality of HTC, I suggest you to go through the below links:
Voluime rocker button fallen off! - Android Forums
Notice: Official HTC Sensation RECALL (To fix power/volume button issues)... - xda-developers
[Q] volume rocker button fell off? - xda-developers
Volume Rocker Dropped of Sensation - Vodafone eForum

And to comment about the build quality, you need to understand the kind of testing done by both the OEMs on their devices. Ask any guy working in Samsung or HTC development centers about the kind of stress testing done on the phones, and you'll realize which one is better.

Agreed that Sammy phones may look a bit plasticky compared to HTC One, but there is a reason for such design. Metal on phones get sticky and greasy, and gets very cold during winters, and phones are designed considering US/UK/Korean market in mind where it gets extremely cold during winters. Also there have been a lot of reports about phones that use metal in the outer body with data transmission being affected, and also the over-supply of voltage while charging during winters.

ankushkool

Youngling
I can post hundreds of links of issues with samsung phones too!

Heres whats Samsung has to itself say about S4 :)

Samsung Rethinks Smartphone Build Quality - Mobility - Smartphones -
HTC does it, Samsung isn’t even trying to…
HTC One vs. Samsung Galaxy S4: 5 Reasons to Choose the One - CIO.com

I need not say more!

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz

I need not say more!

From your links, the author of the CIO blog himself has preferred GS4 over HTC One. Check this link: Why I'd Buy the Samsung Galaxy S4 Instead of the HTC One | CIO Blogs

I suggest you do some research on the cons of metal outer body on mobiles before making any suggestions. Guys who have worked on mobile design would be already aware of it.

Last edited:

I need not say more!

From your links, the author of the CIO blog himself has preferred GS4 over HTC One. Check this link: Why I'd Buy the Samsung Galaxy S4 Instead of the HTC One | CIO Blogs

I suggest you do some research on the cons of metal outer body on mobiles before making any suggestions. Guys who have worked on mobile design would be already aware of it.

:clap2:

Build quality of both companies are good, but people have some enemity aganist plastics or are just jealous of Samsung's success......

I personally prefer S4 over One just because S4 has 5" screen in dimensions approx same as that of HTC One...........

From past two years reviewers are preferring HTC's flagship over Samsung's but still Samsung sells more than HTC(one reason for that is HTC is always costlier). Same would happen this year too

aroraanant

Explorer

Somewhat agree with you bro....

I might say you're lying too! Please stop such childish behavior. It helps no one. I write my opinion, and if you do not agree to my post, so be it. But saying that I'm lying is plain stupidity.

Yes, I can collect all the 3 HTC phones that I used before. They might be lying somewhere in my house. I might collect them and take some snaps to prove that I'm not lying. How will that help anyone? My HTC Sensation's volume rocker fell down for the second time, and for this reason I bought a new nexus 4. Prior to that I have used Desire HD and Wildfire. It's not worth spending 15 minutes of my free time at home to search for old phones just to prove my point. If you don't believe me, so be it.

@OP: Sorry for deviating from the topic. I had to write this since the previous poster called me a 'liar'.

I think he actually wanted to say that you were unlucky.
Anyways let me tell you one thing that Wildfire was not a good phone by HTC (like One V is also not a good device).
Sensation was great but you were unlucky to have phone with that defect.
Won't be able to comment on Desire HD as till date I have seen many satisfied users but have also seen few not so satisfied users.

Build quality of both companies are good, but people have some enemity aganist plastics or are just jealous of Samsung's success......
Agree with you on the first part but not on the 2nd statement.

From past two years reviewers are preferring HTC's flagship over Samsung's but still Samsung sells more than HTC(one reason for that is HTC is always costlier). Same would happen this year too
Agree that HTC phones are costly, but I think main reason because of which they are not able to sell much phones is that their marketing strategy is not as good as Samsung or other companies and also they don't have exclusive stores and also they don't have much service centers.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent

Samsungs quality is crap... u never used any smasung or htc for sure... or u may have used only samsung.. go troll somewhere else.

check this - *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2287882

Last edited:
Agree that HTC phones are costly, but I think main reason because of which they are not able to sell much phones is that their marketing strategy is not as good as Samsung or other companies and also they don't have exclusive stores and also they don't have much service centers.

This is the reason why my friend bought S4 over One. He is bit careless, in a month he drops his phone atleast 4-5 times. In our college location, we have Samsung's service centre but no HTC

ankushkool

Youngling
This is the reason why my friend bought S4 over One. He is bit careless, in a month he drops his phone atleast 4-5 times. In our college location, we have Samsung's service centre but no HTC

Maybe thats a issue in some areas, but HTC now covers most of the cities in India.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Samsungs quality is crap... u never used any smasung or htc for sure... or u may have used only samsung.. go troll somewhere else.

And from your Siggy I can tell you never used any HTC phone before. You have used an S3 before, and that is the only experience you have with Samsung, and mind you, S3 was a big success, and Samsung has been doing really well for the past few years. I suggest you go and troll in some other thread instead.

Sammy wouldn't have managed to sell phones in such big numbers if its quality was that bad. Look at HTC. They can't even market their products properly and even their flagship products fail to sell in huge numbers.

Top Bottom