Android 5.0 for Moto E

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Hi friends,

Has the Android 5.0 been released for Moto E in India. If yes, pls share the link, how to do it etc and should we upgrade our phone as I have heard that it makes phone slower.

Regards

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
From what I have heard, Android 5 actually makes the phone faster. But I haven't used it myself yet.

When the upgrade is available, you should get a notification in your phone and it will be able to upgrade itself.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
THe OTA flashable file is out, if you haven't received the update, you can flash that, but it will void warranty.

polupoka

In the zone
Hello.... I think my 14 hours research can help you! I have a moto X 1st gen(no lollipop :( still) and my cousin has a moto E...he pleaded me to give his phone lollipop taste as there is so many links in XDA developers forum!

so,my cousin's moto E have no root,bootloader locked and running kitkat 4.4.4.
I tried the method by prince.d.emperor (link-[ULTIMATE GUIDE] [Rooted/Non Rooted] Update … | Motorola Moto E | XDA Forums )but everytime during boot the system stop updating and showed error and rebooted saying update to your moto e wasn't successful!!!
now,the solution is -if like me you have also flashed your moto E using some guide(for me I used this awesome guide by Viraj- Viraj's Blog: Flash Stock ROM [Firmware] & Lock Bootloader on Moto E! )then you have to flash the stock recovery image of kitkat 4.4.4- just-search in xda ..there are lots of post about this..in my case I followed this- [STOCK RECOVERY][CONDOR][4.4.4]recovery.img | Motorola Moto E | XDA Forums
after that you can follow the method by prince.d.emperor mentioned above. If never flashed(updated via ota only)then I guess u can directly follow prince.d.emperor's guide.
this way moto E boots and the upgrading of android was complete(took 20+ minutes!!!)
Have a good day ahead..... I will be happy if any moto E user has suceesfully upgraded to lollipop with the help of this post! ~pray for my moto X 1st gen :banghead:

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
But why should we put a leaked OTA on Moto e which has bug and also void our warranty. Better wait for a few more days and wait for its official release without bugs.

But why should we put a leaked OTA on Moto e which has bug and also void our warranty. Better wait for a few more days and wait for its official release without bugs.

It doesn't void warranty. Not everything done unofficially voids warranty mate. And the bugs aren't so serious that they can destroy your phone or suddenly delete all your data. Motorola does perform internal testing before public testing.

Can someone give me a better guide for flashing that lollipop image to unrooted, locked bootloader moto e, I cant find guides that have a bit noobish language for me to understand.

A

amit.tiger12

Can someone give me a better guide for flashing that lollipop image to unrooted, locked bootloader moto e, I cant find guides that have a bit noobish language for me to understand.

flash update, guide..
[ROOT-FLASHABLE] Lollipop [UPDATE] | Motorola Moto E | XDA Forums

other
0. [GUIDE] Restore Moto E Stock Firmware [UPDAT… | Motorola Moto E | XDA Forums
1. [Root][Moto E][Guide HowTo]How to root Moto … | Motorola Moto E | XDA Forums
2. [GUIDE]Unlock Bootloader - Moto E [UPDATED] | Motorola Moto E | XDA Forums
3. [GUIDE] All-in-One Moto E Beginner's Guide | Motorola Moto E | XDA Forums
4. [GUIDE] Restore Moto E Stock Firmware [UPDAT… | Motorola Moto E | XDA Forums
5. *forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e/general
6. *forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e

$hadow

Geek in making
There is no use of flashing the update. Even after a full flash update to both moto g and moto x (2nd gens) they are full of bugs.

Top Bottom