> 3.5 mm jack
> PC connectivity
> PC suite
> Capacitative touch screen only
> HTML browser
> Androind apps

Optional
> GPS
> Camera shutter key (if camera is 5MP or more :smile:)
> Inbuilt memory
> Flash support
> Additional application support
> Java support

I checked

Samsung 551
Samsung Ace
LG Optimus 1
and found out that all these dont have flash content support. Is there any with that too ?

Also the Optimus dont have 16M colors. Is that really a problem ?
Does the slow processor of Optimus affects the multitasking ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Check LG Optimus one for 12k and Samsung Galaxy Ace for 15k. for flash, you just need to install adobe player from android market.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Nope. Flash won't work on any of these phones (hardware limitations).

But this shouldn't be a problem as there are alternatives. You can watch HTML5 videos on the browser & there is an app. - Skyfire browser which converts Flash videos to HTML5 videos before displaying them.

Also you can definitely watch YouTube on the YouTube app.

As as desiibond suggested, check out Galaxy Ace or Optimus One. Also if you can wait, the HTC Wildfire S is about to be launched soon.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Try to get San Francisco, I saw lot guys are exporting.I am also planning to buy this phone and this phone value for money easy to unlock and root and also CPU can overlock to 1GHZ.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Yes its Dell XCD35 aka Orange San Francisco aka ZTE Blade.Actually i got this phone for a week really its nice camera is soo but all over phone is good.When I De-brand the runs so much smoother, faster as compare to when its with orange.

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ are you sure that its Dell XCD35 cuz its specs says 600 MHz processor. Also when compared to LG Optimus One it has half the RAM and older Android Eclairs.

@OP
In this budget Optimus One is best and 256k colours doesnt make much of a difference.
Or if you can add 1k more then go for Samsung Ace.
Choose anyone of above, you wont be dissappointed :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Dell one has 256Mb ram but in US, its sold with 512Mb ram. but looking at specs & price, one need to take little trouble rooting & flashing the mobile.

& O1 cost 11.5k. so adding 1k more makes it 12.5k. Ace @ 12.5k? WHERE?

OP
M

masha_allah

Right off the assembly line
Wow.. the Wildfire specs are so good.
5MP cam Blutooth 3 add that Wifi-n.
Gingerbread.
Bt there is no shutter key. :-(

Also the procesor is just 600Mhz just like Optimus 1. Will that be a problem ?

I'm buying it for my sister. Also I am not buying it from India.
So the Indian release is not a problem. Just want to know whether it is available in rest of the world.

And she wont do any over clocking in Dell. Is that better than Wildfire ?
How would you rate Samsung Ace to Wildfire ?

Also can I upgrade the Andoird version to 3 from 2.3 ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you mean wildfire S, it is good. but wildfire has pathetic display.

wildfire S may not get android 3 and it's modder support too is mediocre.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
O1 cost 11.5k. so adding 1k more makes it 12.5k. Ace @ 12.5k? WHERE?

Optimus One is just within his budget of 13-14k and adding 1k to his initial budget (which sums up to 14-15k) he can go for Samsung Ace.
Sorry for the confusion :p

pauldmps

Banned
He means that if you can wait for the Wildfire S(new one which is not released yet), then wait.

Don't buy the Wildfire (not Wildifre S, it is the old one & currently available in the market).

Currently Galaxy Ace cannot be upgradeable to 2.3 (2.4 is not even out yet) & I don't think it ever will.

k4ce

Youngling
Wildfire S will take a long time to come .... and considering HTC's pricing, it will be priced significantly higher than the old wildfire (that retails at 13k)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ older wildfire was priced so cause it was worth 14k when it was lunched. newer wildfire should be priced at 14k-15k. any higher, Samsung Ace makes a lot more sense.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
GB updates might take some time, say 3 to 4 months.
Even folks at XDA can get stable GB updates in probably 2 months.

Best bet would be to get Wildfire S running on Froyo. Do some search and check if you can flash custom ROMs. I own a Wildfire and if I upgrade to Froyo over OTA, I can't use custom ROMs. Hence I'm still with Eclair and then used a custom ROM to move to Froyo.

Top Bottom