Andorid phone for music and camera

rdx_halo

In the zone
Dear Digitians,

My wife needs a new phone. Currently She is using Lumia 520 but as she listens to music a lot, the phone is not upto her expectations. Creating playlist is very time consuming and there is not option to edit playlist like add to queue or remove.
I know that 8.1 update is on the way and we should wait. but the fact is that my own phone is 3.5 years old, So I will buy her a new one and I will use her 520 myself.

1. Budget? -------------------------------------------------------------> 16000/-

2. Display type and size?-------------------------------------------------> 5" HD Display

3. Dual sim?-------------------------------------------------------------> No

4. Preferred choice of brand?---------------------------------------------> Moto/Xperia/No Samshit unless they come up with better design.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?-------------> Front/Flash/Autofocus

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).--------> Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).--------------------------> 3G will be enough

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?------> multimedia, video capture, photo, e-book
(need a 5" screen) internet, But very limited gaming.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? ---------------------------> Considering of course Moto G but she has 6-7 GB of songs and I don't want her to run out of space. So SD card limitation is a deal breaker. OTG is not an option for her. Xperia SP but screen is small (She does not require kitkat). but music quality is great.

10. Any other info that you want to share ---------------------------------> Before you recommend me Acer or Xiaomi Mi3 please note that for a girl, a brand name matters. Acer is popular amoung PC manufacturers but not for phones. How many girls care about Snapdragon or exynos ? Cortex 7 vs A9 ? So she is not comfortable using a "Chinese company" like Xiaomi infront of friends. But I want to make sure that her phone should not lag. I have seen all budget samsung phones lag. So please advice me should I wait for Moto G2 ?

sushovan

In the zone
Mi3's audio outshines others in this price range though. Xperia SP would have been the second best but since you need a bigger inch screen and a good one ( SP screen sucks, I use it myself) , the good old Galaxy S3 is the only option. S3 was part of Samsung's heydays (before it became samshit) and it comes with Wolfson Audio Chip :wink: and S3 is still one of the best multimedia performer under 20K and is a perfect choice for someone who is not into hardcore gaming. also S3 has one of the largest dev base so you can easily get rid of the shitty touchwiz and install custom roms.

You can buy the S3 2GB RAM version at 14K right now if you are okay with imported phones.

If brand matters, Sony Xperia ZR is your best choice. Loudspeaker volume won't be great due to waterproofing. Camera n battery life are good.

Asus zenfone 5 is also a great choice. Great build quality, nice ui, doesn't lag, 2gb ram, 5" hd display...... Get it n use rest of the money for a good headphone, maybe

OP
R

rdx_halo

In the zone
Asus zenfone 5 battery is not up to mark. Intel Atom is not at all battery efficient phone. Any word on Moto G2 or Moto G with LTE SD card in India ?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
+1 to zenfone 5 and xperia ZR
ZR is ops best bet imho overall
zenfone 5 is also good though

OP
R

rdx_halo

In the zone
I think I will go for PANASONIC ELUGA U. Panasonic Eluga U Android Kitkat 13MP Camera 2GB RAM 16 GB ROM | eBay

Panasonic launches Eluga U smartphone in India for INR 18,990

What you guys think. Looks good on Paper.

Panasonic Eluga U smartphone: First impressions - The Economic Times

sushovan

In the zone
Panasonic is another chinese rebrander ( it doesnt care about its phone business anymore) (Panasonic will continue to sell rebranded smartphones in India as it pulls out of Japan) Its better to buy an imported LG G2 for 20K than Panasonic crap.

OP
R

rdx_halo

In the zone
sushovan, SaiyanGoku :goodjob::agreed: for the heads up. Will not buy Pana. Actually I once has a Panasonic GD 68 long time ago beofre the compnay left mobile segment in India.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
extend and get xperia ZR ,lumia 1320 or Moto G,Moto X
very stylish and vfm with no lag and good battery life

rish1

Cyborg Agent
1st choice ---- xperia zr
2nd choice----- Lg l90

best choice ---- wait 1 month

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
even z10 and z3 are worth considering if she wants style for that price range
check out the white z10,sexy phone though no play services all else is fine and runs most android apps perfectly

ankush28

Bazinga
even z10 and z3 are worth considering if she wants style for that price range
check out the white z10,sexy phone though no play services all else is fine and runs most android apps perfectly

BB os really sucks when it comes to use experience. Even navigating through phone is horrible :duh2:
Otherwise good display and looks for 15k.

- - - Updated - - -

^ then a red Zenphone 5 would suite her better :p

Yes!!! +1

Dont wait for Moto G. If my sources are correct than Motorola is probably releasing Moto E 2nd version... No Moto G2.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
BB os really sucks when it comes to use experience. Even navigating through phone is horrible :duh2:
Otherwise good display and looks for 15k.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes!!! +1

Dont wait for Moto G. If my sources are correct than Motorola is probably releasing Moto E 2nd version... No Moto G2.

bullsh*t, first off its BB10 not BBOS,BBOS is an os of the past
you are clearly misguided and havent used a recent BB device,they are very different,only BB badge remains

ankush28

Bazinga
bullsh*t, first off its BB10 not BBOS,BBOS is an os of the past
you are clearly misguided and havent used a recent BB device,they are very different,only BB badge remains

By BB OS I meant latest BB operating system BB10 and I've used Z10. One of my family member bought z10.. just because it was available for 16k on amazon and MRP at launch was ~40:deadbored:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
By BB OS I meant latest BB operating system BB10 and I've used Z10. One of my family member bought z10.. just because it was available for 16k on amazon and MRP at launch was ~40:deadbored:

i dont think so given the way you said its interface is bad or whatever,its certainly better than android in this aspect
i happen to own a Z10,Lumia 720 and Nexus 5 so yeah i know what im talking about

OP
R

rdx_halo

In the zone
i dont think so given the way you said its interface is bad or whatever,its certainly better than android in this aspect
i happen to own a Z10,Lumia 720 and Nexus 5 so yeah i know what im talking about

No guys, No BB for her. Its a dying platform and has a steep learning curve. She does not need BBM. Screen in only 4.2-inch.
I hope Moto G2 will release soon in India.

Top Bottom